Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Jury awards $35 million in WaveRunner crash

Attorneys are after PWC manufacturers big time, and it looks like Yamaha may get nailed on this one. Only 1 percent blame on the owner of the ski? What about the driver of the boat? You can bet they will appeal the case...

http://mobile.sun-sentinel.com/p.p?a...&postUserId=42
    Last edited by YoYamma; 09-09-2011 at 09:25 PM.

you`d be surprised just how many attempt to ride, or think they know how to ride and really are clueless about the operations of a Jet pump vessel...
    Just the other day we saw 7-8 teenagers all sharing one ski, sometimes 2 and 3 up and believe it or not the girls were the most dangerous.
    on another evening close to dark, 2 bozo`s (high school senior age) unload their POS old machine and rode out into the sunset, no vests, just hopped on and left...
    so how is it possible that the manufacture is soley to blame when most people are just plain stupid when it comes to common sense and machines...

+1 again

If this crap is right then all of the auto manufactures better look out. They're screwed.
    In the end this is not so much about holding Yamaha or the riders responsible. It is about how much money can I get in my grubby hands.

+1
    It states all over the riders manual that you need thrust to turn. It is 100% negligence. Parents need to teach their kids how to ride before turning them loose on their ski or someone else's. It takes a little practice to overcome the natural reaction to freeze up or decelerate when approaching an obstruction.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    I think you nailed it right there Hitman,It's the parents responability. Its easier for the parents to lay blame on the manufactuer than to accept the blame themselves. Losing a child is probably one of the hardest things in the world to suffer through, but does that make it right?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    It states all over the riders manual that you need thrust to turn. It is 100% negligence. Parents need to teach their kids how to ride before turning them loose on their ski or someone else's. It takes a little practice to overcome the natural reaction to freeze up or decelerate when approaching an obstruction.
    The Death FREEZE......

Everyone has had it in riding. For once or maybe twice I agree with Hitman.

I remember when I first had it , riding in the mangroves.... Brain says turn , body's frozen..... hahaha Just at that point where you know your going too fast and a 100 trees are right in front of you.....

Lucky I snapped out of it.....

this type of riding im talking about...

http://www.youtube.com/user/richiebm...45/JICkPK53Fjk
    Last edited by RichieFZR; 06-12-2011 at 12:32 AM. Reason: link

+1
    So who was driving the ski? The little girl .The guy who let her ride it was a 100% at fault. No question asks. Just like if you let your Friend ride your ski and he hit someone. If you came over to my house to swim in my pool and I went inside to get something . And I came out and you were drown. It would be my fault because it my house. Not the pool manufacture. There must be a recall on something thats hush hush. So people like me don't have the whole story. Maybe it was be cause Yamaha has been warned about this in other trial's and they are making a example of them. It so funny. How do they come up with $35,000,000 why not $15,000,000 or $50,000,000. If it was 30 years ago it would of been $3,500,000. I feel real bad for lost of life. But if you fall off a skate board and break your neck .It your own dam fault. I don't come back to the manufacture and say the trucks were to loose and you dint tell me, so that why my son die. Just thinking out loud.

+1
    I'm going to go rear-end the hell out of another car tomorrow without touching my brakes and sue Ford. They've had plenty of time to figure out how to make it stop by itself by now.

+1
    One of the mandatory questions in the license test here is in regards to the application of thrust to make turns on a pwc. Fail that question and you don't get your license simple as that. This is tragic, but would you let a 16 and 14 year old with no experience take out a 1200cc motorbike for a spin - 2 up of course? Same deal these guys must have had a good legal team to get this result.

+1
    If someone leaves the toilet seat up and a kid falls in the toilet and drowns. Sorry that sounds bad, Is it the owner fault or the manufacturer. O they didn't make a lock on that toilet, it the manufacturer fault or the owner forget to lock the toilet and saids the manufacturer dint leave a warning sticker to remind me to lock the toilet so its the manufacturer fault. It everybody else fault except there own. Someone needs to start taking some responsible. I would have kicked that guy ass for letting my kid ride a jet ski without supervision being that Young and the law is 16 and older right. Come on parent take some responsible, Not all of Yamaha money. Looks like the new ski next year went up $500 to pay for that bull shit. sorry for the I need a group

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information