Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

girl killed,yamaha out 35 mill

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    very stupid....looks like the owner of the ski is to blame for letting kids ride the ski and its the girls fault not the skis for hitting the boat IMO. One thing I noticed...how do you find fault for the mother of one of the victims and fine the mother(10% responsible) 300k something and give the daughter 16M? The break down was interesting...Yamaha was 88% responsible, owner 1%, driver 1%, mother of the girl who was driving 10% responsible...how does that make sense

i am sure this will get appealed by yamaha. it will go to appeals court and take a few more years and then the family if anything will only get a little bit of that money. I believe the jury just based this on emotion, obviously you need to read the case and see all the details... but people need to hold personal responsibility!!!

+1
    "she took her hand off the throttle to turn. Instead of turning, the scooter plowed into the boat.", this is exactly why i dont let females drive my 80mph+ RXP, you need need to know how to drive before you can drive... this pisses me off.... my rxp steers exactly the same with and without the opas, these things can turn on a dime at idle speed but no jet ski in the world can turn without throttle power at a decent speed, not to mention you shouldnt be riding that close to other boats, boats have rudders jet skis do not, i would love to know if either of them had a boaters license.. ridiculous anyone who can pass those tests knows a jet ski needs throttle to turn

+1
    If someone grabs a ton of front brake while turning on a motorcycle and wipes out can they sue the manufacturer because the bike was "defective?" I think not. I don't see how this is any different. People need to realize these are not water "scooters" but high performance watercraft that CAN hurt you.

This type of non sense can put any PWC manufacturer out of business.

i read this article earlier today posted by another user..Tragic no doubt but 35 million for an accident realistically probably caused by operator error and experience?...idk

Interesting... from the reading.. said the girl was 14 years old... thought that you had to be 16?
    Would be interesting to know if this would have happened on a Seadoo with the new brake technology (icontrol). I just purchased the Seadoo RXT-Xas 260 and I'm here to tell you that the brakes do work! I was very impressed with how much faster I was able to stop compared to other ski's without them.

+1
    If you pay attention to what everyone else is doing on the water then you don't need a brake! LOL

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PWC_FUN View Post
    Interesting... from the reading.. said the girl was 14 years old... thought that you had to be 16?
    Would be interesting to know if this would have happened on a Seadoo with the new brake technology (icontrol). I just purchased the Seadoo RXT-Xas 260 and I'm here to tell you that the brakes do work! I was very impressed with how much faster I was able to stop compared to other ski's without them.
    What happens when you hit the brake and the guy behind you doesnt have a brake?

+1
    SHIT-------------CRASH. Not having a brake will be the next law suit. Look like seadoo on top of it.
    Last edited by 20 feet Boy; 06-22-2011 at 05:45 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information