Thread: College Finals

College Finals

Yea, I know there are worse things but damn these last two weeks of the first semester are a b*tch.

I have to write a program for a circuit board tonight, put the whole thing together and rewrite the program and get it to function in class tomorrow. Then I have a test in the second part of the same class tomorrow. I then have to prepare to present it Thursday...luckily no final for that class. Calculus test this Wednesday and the final is next Monday. Integrative Social Studies test this Thursday and final next Thursday. Then I can't forget my Chemistry final next Wednesday.

Damn Im about to freak...I just want to go to lunch but I don't know if I can enjoy my food.

And I won't have time to party next weekend. At least I had a BLAST this past weekend.

Who else is stressing over finals and such?

+1

SORRY couldnt help myself!
    My son fills your pain he is in his second year at OU plus in the OU Band!
    Hang in there man and good luck

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    Who else is stressing over finals and such?
    not me... never did really. School hardly stresses me out, being here does, but the work itself, who cares.

i don't buy text books, i dont own notebooks, i don't go to many of my classes, and i hand in my assignments the last day of school usually in a folder and say "here, this is all my work for the year"

in short, school is overrated. you don't learn the important stuff in school, you learn it in the real world.

i've got more overdue assignments than u can imagine. i have 3 midterms for classes i skipped 2 months ago. i have presentations and projects due this week, finals over the next 2 weeks.... when the push comes to shove, i'm skipping my academics to sit here on the forum, go hang out with friends, and gettin exposure to real world situations

i have a bit of a hatred towards school and the false-importance society puts on it that you need it to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    not me... never did really. School hardly stresses me out, being here does, but the work itself, who cares.

i don't buy text books, i dont own notebooks, i don't go to many of my classes, and i hand in my assignments the last day of school usually in a folder and say "here, this is all my work for the year"

in short, school is overrated. you don't learn the important stuff in school, you learn it in the real world.

i've got more overdue assignments than u can imagine. i have 3 midterms for classes i skipped 2 months ago. i have presentations and projects due this week, finals over the next 2 weeks.... when the push comes to shove, i'm skipping my academics to sit here on the forum, go hang out with friends, and gettin exposure to real world situations

i have a bit of a hatred towards school and the false-importance society puts on it that you need it to be successful.
    Yea, I'll be honest...I absolutly hate school. I LOVE everything else about college, but I can't stand going to lectures and crap. Never have, never will, but it's something that has to be done.

Im going for a Mechanical Engineering degree, so I can't slack. I do have my fair share of fun though.

i totally agree steve. i cant tell you how many total rediculous pointless classes i take. its a waste of time and money. the next 2 weeks are usually pretty much hell but this semester its not too bad. just got 1 more paper to write, finishing up 1 project, and have to take 3 finals..all of that over the next 2 weeks, which isnt too bad. ive def had A LOT worse..A LOT!!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    for example...

my tuition, room and board is $42k per year

my major is Bussiness: Marketing

my classes next semester consist of:
    1. contemporart art in NYC
    2. art history
    3. digital cyberculture
    4. structures of computer science
    5. philosophical ethics

makes for a well prepared marketing business-man huh?

ultimately, the BS gimmick with college is the core requirements. they are of no value to your career and life goals has been my experience.

college is overrated... it downright sucks ballzz and i think i can confidentally say has made me a dumber person with less direction and worse procrastination than ever before.

i'd rather be living my life medieval with a bow and arrow or dagger or some chit hunting my meals down each day than sitting thru classes

oh.... and the other problem... how many American English speaking teachers do you have at your school? ... it'd be a treat to have an American born first language english teacher.

and i'm not sexist... but female college professors are on power trips and need the chit kicked out of them. and 99% of the time they are not married bc they are so caught up in their feminism and being miss independent and a hardass on their students... OF COURSE playing favorites to girls in the class.

my tuition, room and board is $42k per year
    HOLY SH*T!!!

Im going to Michigan State and Im paying only $3K a year. Granted I have MEAP testing money, a GM employee scholarship, and the MET program. But even then I would be paying NO WHERE NEAR $42K a year. That's amazing!

+1
    I hate to be the one to say it, and I certainly don't intend to talk down to you. But when you get older, you will realize the importance of this phase of your life. I certainly didn't while in college, and it almost came back to haunt me when I applied for law school years ago.

That being said, I don't regret one single drunken moment of my 5 years in undergrad!

Thread Information