+1

First PWC,Good deal??

Hey all, First timer here, and looking to buy my first ski. Ive come to the conclusion, for my price range, and needs, as well as the dependability factor, Yamaha is the way to go. Im looking to mostly go out with my wife, no jumping, just want a nice ride, that has some kick, if i need it Im going to take a look at a 2000 xl1200 ltd. later on today. It has 110 hrs, Racing Carb Jet Kit (2010) Island Racing “Pro” Holeshot Kit, Free Flow Exhaust , Island Racing Primer Kit $, Waveater Power Valve Kit , K&N Flame Arrestors, R&D D-Plate , R&D Aquavein Intake Grate , R&D Rideplate, R&D Pump Seal Kit , New Impeller Housing with removeable/replaceable Wear Ring (+ extra wear ring) , Solas 13/19 Prop, Splash Guard, Tie Downs, New Reverse Cable , New Trim Cable and finally a Brand New Trailer Axle. From the pics it looks real clean. I know at any given time, anything can go on these, its always a gamble buying used, and 2 strokes can sometimes be finicky, I have RC boats But overall, just wanna get some feedback whether this ski is a go. He is askin $3250,neg.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1379.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	294.5 KB 
ID:	241977  

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    For the year / hours / mods that it has, it sounds like fair deal. Take your time though! if at all possable do a compression check and take it for a spin before you hand over any cash. There are alot of PWC on the market right now, you can be a little picky and make sure your not getting someone elses problems.

Where is this at? that picture looks familure.

Quote Originally Posted by XLT Chad View Post
    For the year / hours / mods that it has, it sounds like fair deal. Take your time though! if at all possable do a compressin check and take it for a spin before you hand over any cash. There are alot of PWC on the market right now, you can be a little picky and make sure your not getting someone elses problems.

Where is this at? that picture looks familure.
    NY I believe...

+1
    What XLT Chad say, I would do a compression check and everything else but most importantly test ride, If you are not sure what to look for or how the ski run I would take it to a PWC mechanic and get his opinion, Dont get the first thing you see be very picky about it, this is a 2 stroke and any given time any thing can happen... I would negotiate below $3000. But keep looking there are many pwc out there have you check the Classifieds section for used pwc ? For 2 stroke click here http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/foru...-2-Stroke-Skis , For 4 Stroke click here http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/foru...-4-Stroke-Skis

Thread Information