Question Too Good To Be True?

Been lurking on this forum and devouring y'alls knowledge and experience!

Here's my question: Is this too good to be true? Has anyone come across this previously as a scam?

I came across a listing in oodle.com for a 2008 RXP-X for (sit down for this) $2,500 (yes, as in USD!). I can't find the listing anymore, but as I recall, it supposedly only had like 30 hours on it. The seller (a lady) claims it to be in mint condition and a result of her recent divorce settlement.

So, like the adage goes, "if it seems to good to be true, it usually is". Is this a scam that someone in here has already come across or am I just that darned lucky?!

+1
    Total scam.
    If you can find the add, ask her if you can go look at it. She will give you a BS story about already having this it a shipping facility, you can buy it through E-Bay, for your protection, then she will ship it to you.....

Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    Total scam.
    If you can find the add, ask her if you can go look at it. She will give you a BS story about already having this it a shipping facility, you can buy it through E-Bay, for your protection, then she will ship it to you.....
    See it all the time on Craigslist

Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    Total scam.
    Ahhh....she hasn't said anything about a shipping facility, but she did state that she wanted to conduct the transaction only through eBay's safe payment service! I was hoping that this was a good sign!

Bummer...but thank you for your input!

+1
    Alot of ad like this just want your email to sell to business. So they sent you junk mail too.

+1
    Here is how it works (the scam). These people copy and paste all the ebay logos on to a fake ebay web page so you think your going through ebay, all this with a fake ebay listing number. Once you agree to the purchase they will forward you to the link to the fake ebay site that has a fake ebay listing number. Went through this on an ATV, even went to the bank and pulled the cash (this because they wanted it sent through some off the wall money wire system), meanwhile I had the ole lady contact ebay with the provided transaction number to verify the legitimacy of the transaction. Ebay told her it was a scam and the transaction numbers were a hoax.

+1
    Huge scam. Don't get tied up in that.

Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluke View Post
    price is a red flag, thats beyond a quick sale need cash asap kinda deal
    Yeah...came across another one that was too good to be true....06 Kawasaki STX-15F with 27hrs for $1,740.......this one's posing as an Air Force Master Sergeant.

+1
    Like the old saying goes "if it sounds to good to be true, it is"

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    the best is when its posted say in new jersey, but you look closely at the pics and it has fl or ca reg #'s.

Thread Information