Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just another thought.....?

I know we had maybe talked about this b/f but anywho just for thought... I know someone who tried using a tube with a probe in it spraying co2 through it to cool the air passing into the throttle body but it didnt work.The probe was freezing but I guess its just not enuff cold material there to do anything. Well last night after dropping the tv remote in the jacuzzi I took it apart and dried it with a hair drier. Ya know that baby puts out alot of heat burned the crap out my hand. I looked into the hair drier at the numerous coils and just thought its gotta work opposite with frezzing the coils but anyway what about having a setup similar but spraying co2 or nos through a number of very small tubes thus screening the air more to cool the air. It would make a difference dropping intake air tremendous imho....

+1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sleeplessnMS View Post
    I know we had maybe talked about this b/f but anywho just for thought... I know someone who tried using a tube with a probe in it spraying co2 through it to cool the air passing into the throttle body but it didnt work.The probe was freezing but I guess its just not enuff cold material there to do anything. Well last night after dropping the tv remote in the jacuzzi I took it apart and dried it with a hair drier. Ya know that baby puts out alot of heat burned the crap out my hand. I looked into the hair drier at the numerous coils and just thought its gotta work opposite with frezzing the coils but anyway what about having a setup similar but spraying co2 or nos through a number of very small tubes thus screening the air more to cool the air. It would make a difference dropping intake air tremendous imho....
    Like an NOS plate?

+1
    CO2 is a bad idea for any combustion engines because is does not support combustion. NO2 is most common on the auto performance marked and could easily be adapted on a watercraft, but would not be beneficial since NO2 provide almost instant power, thus the prop (or impeller) would just spin and cavitate unless you have prop (or impellar) with a pretty mean pitch angle. Idea to think about is creating a prop (or impellar) that can vary the pitch of the blades.

Nothing would be entering the motor just cooler air. The tube with nos or co2 would be bled off into the hull through a jetted hole.... The whole point is to cool the air not nos the engine just the coils...

+1
    Why not just circulate the Nos or CO2 thru the IC and bleed it off thru a jet?

I have seen it done with satisfactory results.

i know a friend that tryed it and no gain ! the aftermarket IC works great it will cool down a lot of hot air , also if u are looking for a short burst of extra power i think there are interccolers out there with an open lid that u can put ice or dry ice into ! i bet that would give u ice cold air for a short amount of time
    Last edited by beached log; 12-04-2006 at 10:14 PM. Reason: ooops forgot to quote sleeplessnMS !! sorry jerry

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i'd like to know more about circulating it thru the intercooler....

it's not really circulated, is it? just passes thru and is wasted... i can't imagine you can have a pressurized recirculating CO2 system, can you?

i don't know much about it you pushing both water and the CO2 thru, or just the CO2?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by beached log View Post
    i know a friend that tryed it and no gain ! the aftermarket IC works great it will cool down a lot of hot air , also if u are looking for a short burst of extra power i think there are interccolers out there with an open lid that u can put ice or dry ice into ! i bet that would give u ice cold air for a short amount of time
    if dry ice would work for a short gain, then why wouldn't co2? seems contradictory

there were videos over a year ago of RXP owners running 80+ with nitrous or CO2 thru the intercooler, at least i believe that's how they were running it... Frank?

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    if dry ice would work for a short gain, then why wouldn't co2? seems contradictory

there were videos over a year ago of RXP owners running 80+ with nitrous or CO2 thru the intercooler, at least i believe that's how they were running it... Frank?
    i have an edit on that post i wasen't quoting Jerry !! i was referring to the co2 cooled intake hose ! i forgot to quote when i posted it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    Yep, thats how they were doing it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information