Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Ingested water water today through riva rear air

It happened today, just my luck lately. I was out on the river today and whipped the tail end around and buried the front end of the ski and had water come through the intake. It immediately bogged down on me and wouldn't not rev up to full throttle afterward. So my question is should I be fine just flushing the oil and changing plugs?

Pull the plugs and turn engine over to get any water out of the cylinders,change the oil a few times with cheap oil to get any water out then fill it up with the good stuff.Did you shut it down right after you took in water and how much did you take in?If you buried the front how did it get into the rear intake?

drain the oil, fill 2/3rds with marvel mystery oil and 1/3rd cheap oil. run for a minute. drain all the oil and clean the oil filter with gas. fill with 1/3rd marvel mystery oil and 2/3rds cheap oil and run enough to heat up the oil, usually about 5 minutes or so (i'm used to doing this on ATV's that have been submerged, so we ride them around for 5 minutes). drain oil, replace filter with new one, and fill up with good oil. check after riding for 10-15 minutes to make sure there are no signs of water in the oil. i've done this the past few times on my buddies bikes after they drown them and it works better than just changing the oil a bunch of times. course i'm used to having to deal with mud, dirt, sand, and water, so it's probably not as bad for the skis with plain water. but it's still better to be safe than sorry.

+1
    The SC, IC and intake mani should come off. They probably have water sitting in them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wettank View Post
    Pull the plugs and turn engine over to get any water out of the cylinders,change the oil a few times with cheap oil to get any water out then fill it up with the good stuff.Did you shut it down right after you took in water and how much did you take in?If you buried the front how did it get into the rear intake?
    Had to idle back in to the dock bout 10 seconds then 10 seconds on to the trailer. Just took in enough to make It bog down when It happened and not come back to full throttle. Guess I buried it pretty good for water to come over me to the seat

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by got wake? View Post
    drain the oil, fill 2/3rds with marvel mystery oil and 1/3rd cheap oil. run for a minute. drain all the oil and clean the oil filter with gas. fill with 1/3rd marvel mystery oil and 2/3rds cheap oil and run enough to heat up the oil, usually about 5 minutes or so (i'm used to doing this on ATV's that have been submerged, so we ride them around for 5 minutes). drain oil, replace filter with new one, and fill up with good oil. check after riding for 10-15 minutes to make sure there are no signs of water in the oil. i've done this the past few times on my buddies bikes after they drown them and it works better than just changing the oil a bunch of times. course i'm used to having to deal with mud, dirt, sand, and water, so it's probably not as bad for the skis with plain water. but it's still better to be safe than sorry.
    Where can you get marvel mystery oil? My dealer isn't open right now so I have to wait to get a filter tomorrow.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by eric1238 View Post
    The SC, IC and intake mani should come off. They probably have water sitting in them.
    Got everything aired out and dry. Oil pumped out and plugs pulled

This is the reason I didnt go rear air!I like to splash around alot,Im sure you will be fine once you cycle some oil through it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wettank View Post
    This is the reason I didnt go rear air!I like to splash around alot,Im sure you will be fine once you cycle some oil through it.
    I was having a little too much fun horseplaying today with the big boats. I dont see what else it could be because it was running just fine right before that.

+1
    You may want to get some cheaper oil and do a few changes.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information