Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

None stage .. High Speed... FZR at 72.3

is no stage on this. all is home made and was realy suscessfull whit no riva kit...

1 r&d intake grate
    2 home made free flow exaust
    3 air filter from auto zone
    4 oil pcv filter from auto zone
    5 vxr ride plate
    6 72.3 miles hours

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outside exaust ring.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	242065   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	teflon cap installed.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	242066   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inner boot.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	242067   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	final speed no riva stage.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	242068   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flush at side.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	242069   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pipe installed.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	242070  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	teflon cap.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	242071   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	free flow pipe.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	242072  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by abracadrabron View Post
    is no stage on this. all is home made and was realy suscessfull whit no riva kit...

1 r&d intake grate
    2 home made free flow exaust
    3 air filter from auto zone
    4 oil pcv filter from auto zone
    5 vxr ride plate
    6 72.3 miles hours

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    What about prop repitch? Those speed numbers should be hard to get w/o modding the oem prop some! Tommy Jordan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    What about prop repitch? Those speed numbers should be hard to get w/o modding the oem prop some! Tommy Jordan

Stock prop. I did the work, we installed my VXR plate and was amazed myself when I saw the numbers on my GPS, Julio...

none at all prop repich.. stok propeller.. just less frÓction by using my friend ride plate from his vxr..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by abracadabra View Post
    Stock prop. I did the work, we installed my VXR plate and was amazed myself when I saw the numbers on my GPS, Julio...
    I am a little confuzed. A stock ski runs 67-68 and close to the rev limiter 7600+ rpms and you gained 4+ mph and still not hard on the rev limiter and using the oem prop with oem pitch. This does not seen correct to me at all. When I first started on my fzr I saw similar speed numbers that you saw with similar mods but I had to repitch the prop to get off the rev limiter 2-3 pitcher on the trailing edge. To me it would be hard to gain this much speed and not be on the rev limiter since these skis come from the factory real close to the rev limiter out of the box. Tommy Jordan

+1
    I am a little confuzed. A stock ski runs 67-68 and close to the rev limiter 7600+ rpms and you gained 4+ mph and still not hard on the rev limiter and using the oem prop with oem pitch. This does not seen correct to me at all. When I first started on my fzr I saw similar speed numbers that you saw with similar mods but I had to repitch the prop to get off the rev limiter 2-3 pitcher on the trailing edge. To me it would be hard to gain this much speed and not be on the rev limiter since these skis come from the factory real close to the rev limiter out of the box. Tommy Jordan

Tommy, he has installed an air filter, foam inserts removed and his home made PVC rear exhaust. He hasn't removed the flame arrestor yet. On this configuration we were consistently getting 67.5-68 MPH on buzzer. I then installed my VXR plate with no shims and got 72.1-71.3 MPH on buzzer. We made a few passes to confirm, I couldn't believe my eyes. We don't need to lie about this results. He is just very happy with the performance gains he is achieved and want to share it here, Julio...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by abracadabra View Post
    Tommy, he has installed an air filter, foam inserts removed and his home made PVC rear exhaust. He hasn't removed the flame arrestor yet. On this configuration we were consistently getting 67.5-68 MPH on buzzer. I then installed my VXR plate with no shims and got 72.1-71.3 MPH on buzzer. We made a few passes to confirm, I couldn't believe my eyes. We don't need to lie about this results. He is just very happy with the performance gains he is achieved and want to share it here, Julio...
    I am not doubting you speed numbers at all. There may be more speed in this ski if you pitch the oem prop a little taller. I found that opening up the front 1 pitch and 2 pitches on the rear does wonders with the oem ecm and the mods you have. I know you like to tinker a lot . Try it > Tommy Jordan

+1
    I am not doubting you speed numbers at all. There may be more speed in this ski if you pitch the oem prop a little taller. I found that opening up the front 1 pitch and 2 pitches on the rear does wonders with the oem ecm and the mods you have. I know you like to tinker a lot . Try it > Tommy Jordan
    Thanks Tommy, I was going to try my solas 13/22R? what do you think about this one? I need to order a prop gauge so I can do my own tweaking, Julio...

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Julio, nice job! I love the Idea of a home made (thru hull?) freeflow exhaust. I am wondering about the PVC piping though? Any concerns about heat?

No problem at all about heat .. last Saturday Julio and me (Server) ride 90 miles and was no issues at all..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information