Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

My 1200 SLX is Home.

The SLX is home now after a tough time getting out of where it was stored. It was covered with pine needles and a lil sap and dirt. what a mess. The cover blew off it during the winter.

I had to get a different ball on the hitch to move My Dads Boat first. We had no nut for the ball stud.. That ball has the bigger threaded 2 inch ball. Man,,,,, always something. So I grabbed a pair of vice-grips and clamped them to the ball stud underneath. it worked great. Then I could move the boat out of the way. Scrubbed the ski down for an hour and its looking normal again.

My stake struck moved the boat with ease--4000 lb boat plus trailer. It pulls both skis like there not even there. Runs straight as an arrow down the road too.

Feels like I have NEW ski here although Iv'e had this one for over a year now. I wanted to get the Pro running first. Then this one.

They look GREAT together on the Trailer! Woohoo.... I'm so happy to get it here.. I look like an a Polarisholic rolling down the road..

Now just a few things to button it all up. Install MC numbers, annual sticker, Install stator pump,driveshaft, wax it, glue down the emblem on the front and install a AGM battery and we should be good to go for testing next weekend.

Still need some mating on the stbd side and 2 polaris stickers for the seat. The mats need a lil glue here and there also. Looks pretty good otherwise inside and out.

looks like I'll have to replace the tempo fuel lines throughout the ski. But that's nothing compared to the other ski. The bottom looks good and no need for gelcoat.

I do have a question on this ski. the rideplate is black and I see a lot of webbing on the topside of it. I'm just wondering if thats the stock plate or not.

I know I need the safety latches or the polaris hood upgrade on this ski. Motor sounds good too. Fires right up with a lil 2-stroke gas down the carbs. Were at 135 psi across the board.

At some point, I will do the Screamin SLX Mod to this one so I can run that roostertail a mile long behind the ski! That's soooooo cool looking. C'mon summer where are ya? it was 58 degrees here today. No ride on the Pro yet, storms rolled thru all day and I don't go out on Lake Saint Clair in those conditions alone... maybe tomm after work if the weather acts right.

After a couple years now, I'm finally getting things the way I was envisioning it.. Actually I wanted a Pro 1200. but this will do.. I ain't complaining!!!!!!

+1
    On the rideplate, it has a small curved v hump right in the middle of it on the back underneath. then the sides in the back angles to the hull and there are 90 degree cuts that recess's up against the hull. A pic would do wonders.. no camera here that works. Not yet anyways.

Banned User
    +1
    What's the screamin slx mod? I love the idea of throwing up a huge roostertail

+1
    Hey Bryan, Here's the link to that Mod.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ighlight=tburn

+1
    Way to go Bow, you got the 2000 model market cornered now! You just need a 00 virage now to replace the slt and your set

+1
    Virage huh? Don't get me thinking! Yeah, its cool thier both 2000's. I think for now, I have enough skis to play with.

I brought it home this morning from the storage area I have near me here and hooked up a battery and hose and ran it for a min. Holy Canoli, this ski has some serious horsepower for a stock ski. Although, once you hear Lugs' MATRIX< That makes this sound wimpy..

This thing is gonna haul ass...Sounds very Healthy and Powerful. I never had a 1200 before. I'll run it stock this year and see what I can get done next winter to it. Maybe a trip to the Sharps Marine Center! We'll see if the money tree has any leaves left by December.

The only thing that blows is, I need another battery for 90.00, 2-stroke oil and a full tank of gas or 2/ thats about 200.00 dollars.

On the trailer, the Pro and this ski are Identical in length. Now I can run the Pro for 2 hours and get on the other for the other 2 or 3 hours after. Anyone know how long this ski will run cruising around? 3 hours?

I have the solid coupler on it. I have to read up on everything about this ski now.. Are the driveshaft bumpers the same size? I have a brand new thru hull bushing carrier for it too. I also have new bearings for the pump.

polaris hood upgrade? links?

+1
    Ummm. Not sure right off hand. But I know it's a POLARIS Update.. They are about 25.00. These skis have been known to loose the hood for whatever reason and it could come back at ya at speed. ouch!

It's a small oval metal piece with a cable attached to it. Not sure if a Polaris dealer still supplies them or not. I'll have to check it out. Good luck finding a Polaris dealer..lol

Anyways,,, I was gathering up all my parts needed to put this thing back together and did some reading about the pump in general.

Interesting note about the 2 inch spacer that goes in between the bearings in the pump. The Manual says to check the length of the spacer. theres a wear limit on it.

The Bearing spacer service limit is 1.730" or ( 43.94 mm).

The reason for the wear limit is because, if its too short---even by a little, it causes side loading and pre-mature loading.

That could easily explain why so many pump bearings go bad and noone knows why. I bet noone even checks it..Do you or am I wrong? I never have before. I didn't even know there was a service limit. But now WE do! lol

I took some 400 grit sandpaper and wetsanded both ends and not surprizingly I began to see the "wear" that they speak of on both ends. The rear (when it was in the pump) had more than the front did.

It only took a few rubs to get it flat wetsanding on a glass table for flatness. The other side had a definite "inner ring" if you will on it and it came down fairly quick too. I just stopped every so often to check if it was dissapearing or not.

I will put some calibers on it and see if its still within spec.. Good info to know. Just wanted to share that with everyone.

Anyone got a small driveshaft bumper? I'm missing one.. Such a tiny lil thing but I need it. Thanks for looking..lol

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    Hey Bryan, Here's the link to that Mod.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ighlight=tburn
    OK now I have to dig through my parts for a trim nozzle. I want that!!!!!!!!!!!

+1
    Here ya go. I just found it on ebay.. Here's the link. Might as well get it on here, it will be probably more at a dealer unless they give it to you instead because it's an safety update. not sure on that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Polar...rcraftQ5fParts

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information