dissassembling rear

I started taking apart the rear of the jet ski getting it ready for paint but came to a snag. I took off the nozzle and the metal casing behind that. I then took off the little cone to reveal a big nut. From here I'd like to hear some guidance as to what to do next, till everything is unbolted and off the hull. Thanks!

don`t touch that nut! put the cone back with the 3 small allen head bolts. that is the drive shaft, and bearings to the pump are pressed in behind that...

always remember to tell us what year and model ski you are working on...

the 4 long bolts that you removed from the exit nozzle and pump, separate the exit nozzle from the pump and remove, separate the pump from the spacer or transom and slide out. The drive shaft will remain attached to the pump/prop...

oops. lol it is a 2003 gp1300r.
    So will the duct impeller slide right off now as well? I know you need a special tool to remove the impeller, but is it possible to remove the transom and everything in front of it but leave the impeller and drive shaft?

Quote Originally Posted by venomous View Post
    oops. lol it is a 2003 gp1300r.
    So will the duct impeller slide right off now as well? I know you need a special tool to remove the impeller, but is it possible to remove the transom and everything in front of it but leave the impeller and drive shaft?
    the drive shaft and impeller stay fixed to the pump. the other end of the shaft has splines and slides into the intermediate shaft/bearing that is attached to the midwall...

sooo pull the pump, the shaft and impeller will all come out as one unit...
    now all you have left is the transom plate....

and yes, you need a drive shaft holding tool to hold the shaft and the correct size box wrench for a stock prop and of course the aftermarket prop tool for either solas for solas and Skat tool for skat props...

Awesome thanks so much! Got just the transom left. Last question, do the trim and steering lines have to be disconnected from the front and fed through the hull then to finish the job?

Quote Originally Posted by venomous View Post
    Awesome thanks so much! Got just the transom left. Last question, do the trim and steering lines have to be disconnected from the front and fed through the hull then to finish the job?
    yes, the plastic nut is on the inside of the ski (transom), loosen up the nut, slide it down the cable as you are pushing the cable out of the ski and note how it all goes together...

Thread Information