Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Jerry! Help!, What`s happening here???

edit:
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 05-06-2007 at 09:40 AM.

Andy, That gurgling sound is normal when you are injecting air into the spark plug hole. When your valves are at TDC, are they locked in place? If not, with that much pressure they will easily turn over allowing lots of air to escape like you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Jerry, I remove the rocker assy as shown, valves are now closed. I hooked up air line to each cylinder. Used my aux tank starting with 110-100psi. open up the needle valve and can see assy rotate till piston bottoms, BDC, the injected air was coming out the exhaust pipe and SC mounting hole as fast as it would go in, and you could here the oil that`s left at the bottom of the sump perculate! On to cyl 2 this time oil is being forced up thru the oil holes that feed the rocker shaft.
    What`s happening here?
    Is it normal for the Camshaft to have blueing in between the lobes?
    I guess some of the ceramic and metal particles made it`s way up into the head bc I can see scratches in the roller rockers and cam lobes...
    Whatcha think?...PR...

also I can see intake valve in no2 gurgle some liquid (oil) I was hoping to find coolant leak in head gasket but no air escaping thru water outlet on head or water jacket in the therm area!?
    may i ask what is the reason for pressurizing ?? valve train upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    Andy, That gurgling sound is normal when you are injecting air into the spark plug hole. When your valves are at TDC, are they locked in place? If not, with that much pressure they will easily turn over allowing lots of air to escape like you mentioned.
    The rocker shaft is off, so all the valves are closed, compressed air would push valves shut even further...so why is air escaping thru exhaust manifold. The oil is gurgling because of blow by with 100psi?...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by beached log View Post
    may i ask what is the reason for pressurizing ?? valve train upgrade?
    looking for blown head gasket, have bubbles/perculation in coolant tank...PR...

The rocker shaft is off, so all the valves are closed, compressed air would push valves shut even further...so why is air escaping thru exhaust manifold. The oil is gurgling because of blow by with 100psi?...PR...
    Yes, 100 psi can make the oil sound like it is bubbling. As for the air coming out of the exhaust mani, I don't see how this is possible if you are really at TDC.....

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    Yes, 100 psi can make the oil sound like it is bubbling. As for the air coming out of the exhaust mani, I don't see how this is possible if you are really at TDC.....
    You can look into the timing chan well and see the oil bubbling, and I don`t think it matters what position the piston is in as long as the valves are closed, unless the cylinder taper is very worn or worn/broken rings...PR...
    if air is leaking into exhaust, this tells me exhaust valves are burnt...

You can look into the timing chan well and see the oil bubbling, and I don`t think it matters what position the piston is in as long as the valves are closed, unless the cylinder taper is very worn or worn/broken rings...PR...
    if air is leaking into exhaust, this tells me exhaust valves are burnt...
    maybe the ceramic dust eat your engine ?? how many hours do u have ??

+1
    When you hear air coming out of the exhaust manifold, you have a leak around one or both exhaust valves. Since it sounds like you blew the engine (don't know the since I am a new member) you could have bent a valve, so new valve are in order. Did you have the head rebuilt, if so take the head back and have them match the valves to the valve seats or seating the valves.

As for the gurgling sound, I have one question to ask. Where is the oil gallery located that feeds the camshaft? I am think you have a cracked head, and the crack is all the way through to the oil gallery. Have you had the head pressure tested?

Also the pictures you have posted show some major galling on the lobes and heat fatigue between the lobes.

Quote Originally Posted by beached log View Post
    maybe the ceramic dust eat your engine ?? how many hours do u have ??
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrich View Post
    When you hear air coming out of the exhaust manifold, you have a leak around one or both exhaust valves. Since it sounds like you blew the engine (don't know the since I am a new member) you could have bent a valve, so new valve are in order. Did you have the head rebuilt, if so take the head back and have them match the valves to the valve seats or seating the valves.

As for the gurgling sound, I have one question to ask. Where is the oil gallery located that feeds the camshaft? I am think you have a cracked head, and the crack is all the way through to the oil gallery. Have you had the head pressure tested?

Also the pictures you have posted show some major galling on the lobes and heat fatigue between the lobes.
    This is the direct result from injesting the SC ceramics and not having BRP/Dealer clean the engine out properly when it initially happened. So later with new oil pumps I have an oil alarm sounding when started, irratic oil pressure when tested and now coolant bubbling/perculating in the coolant tank. This all lead me to removing the rocker shaft to close valves and test for head gasket leak, but to my surprise I am hearing air escape into the exhaust manifold, and oil that`s left in the sump about 1 quart, is bubbling...The motor never let go or blow, didn`t notice any real power lose, still had good boost after SC rebuild, BUT after new PTO cover and oil pumps installed under warranty, thisis what I`m left with...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 05-06-2007 at 09:45 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information