951 di air injector issue

I recently had my sea doo to a local dealer, they told me i needed a new air injector because my ski would start up then stall out so instead of paying a fourtune i ordered the injector myself. when I installed the new injector there was no difference in performance also it thew the MAINT light when started. after taking the fuel air rail off again for a quick look i started the engine once more and now the front air injector started to smoke.... anyone know what could possibly be my issue???

Maybe you replaced the wrong injector or actually needed to replace both. The smoke means something is seriously shorted.

+1
    Is it combustion smoke ? how are the O rings ?

The bottom rubber part of the injector was starting to melt which was odd because its the opposite injector to the one i was replacing? Ill have to take it to the dealer and get the codes read??????

Quote Originally Posted by Matty-Mo View Post
    The bottom rubber part of the injector was starting to melt which was odd because its the opposite injector to the one i was replacing? Ill have to take it to the dealer and get the codes read??????

Was that injector hot to the touch when you noticed the carbon dam was melting?
    Have you checked the resistance of the injectors? 1-1.6 ohms each

Unless you buy the CanDoo system then you will have to take somewhere to have codes read.

Yes was very hot to touch and there is a small burn mark on the carbon dam (bottom silver part of injector??) can you tell me why its recommended to replace both at the same time? Is it possible the new one is overpowering the other or something? thanks

Well like Surf was touching on. The carbon dams can get old and loose their tension then leak. Manual recommends replacing them if they have 50 or more hours on them when removed. As far as why it would be recommended to replace both at the same time. Well my opinion is that the over all condition of the injectors whether they be the fuel or air is extremely important since this injection system has no way of sensing rich or lean conditions. If one goes bad how long till the other one takes a dump? Doesn't seem very cost efficient when you pull your wallet out the first time but, when you have to do it the second time AND you are paying someone to fix it.

As far as your situation goes you need to pull a meter out and start checking resistance values IMO. When the MAINT came back on you did set some kind of code again. What it was is the ?

Thread Information