+1

Key doesnt do anything

My nephew lost the key to my 05 RXP Riva ECU. Was gonna take it to the dealer tomorrow to have another one reprogrammed again...whole nother post. Went to put learner key on to switch trailers and nothing happens. Key has not been used in two years, but shouldn't it be beeping to tell me its the wrong key? If I push start and stop, shouldn't the dash light up? Have 13 volts at battery and all fuses check good with a multi-meter. Weekend keeps getting better

Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by IBADTON View Post
    My nephew lost the key to my 05 RXP Riva ECU. Was gonna take it to the dealer tomorrow to have another one reprogrammed again...whole nother post. Went to put learner key on to switch trailers and nothing happens. Key has not been used in two years, but shouldn't it be beeping to tell me its the wrong key? If I push start and stop, shouldn't the dash light up? Have 13 volts at battery and all fuses check good with a multi-meter. Weekend keeps getting better
    there was a post about 1-2 weeks ago about a guys wife who was about to hit the dock and he pulled the key to stop it quick rather than hitting stop button. keys wouldnt work after that, might have been the post????

The key does two things, it has a magnet to trip the reed switch in the dess post to power up the ski. The magnet could have lost it's charge and/or is not strong enough to trip the switch. If the reed switch is not tripped it will not try to read the serial number from the chip in the key, to give the wrong key beep or good key beep. Between this and your other post, I suspect you have an electrical issue, check the fuses in the mpem to start...

+1
    The fuses are the 1s in right front of ski 10 roughly? I have a new riva 1 also and noting if I have no key and push start stop button shouldnt it beep and dash light up?

if you put a magnet over the dess post, you should hear a very faint click and that should wake up the ecu.

+1
    How do I check post?

look under your hood and you will see two plugs coming from the bars. unplug the one with the black and black/yellow wire. when you put the key on the dess post, you should see under 1 ohm between the black and black/yellow wire.(bar side) if it still shows an open circuit, put a magnet directly over the post and see if it shows no resistance. if it shows an open circuit with both the key and magnet, you have a bad dess post.

+1
    Figured it out Im a dumb ass unplugged ecu 2 get pics of sn off ecu this morning and planned on sending it off so I left it unplugged and been looking for prob up front never took seat off. I slapped myself Dennis how many doos can I program with candoo?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by IBADTON View Post
    Figured it out Im a dumb ass unplugged ecu 2 get pics of sn off ecu this morning and planned on sending it off so I left it unplugged and been looking for prob up front never took seat off. I slapped myself Dennis how many doos can I program with candoo?
    HAHA! first a loose SC clamp had you on a wild goose chase now this. You need to drink a few sparks!!

Thread Information