+1

Best Sounding Exhaust... Opinions Needed

I'm trying to find the best sounding exhasut that isn't too loud but isn't as quite as the factory system.... I've been reading and the TDR water box is pretty loud.... i can get a 2011 rxt water box that has a straight in 4" inlet which can come straigt off the exhaust manifold into the water box... also found the Polaris water box with the factory 90 degree exhaust pipe into the top/front of the box.... also from the water box are most of you guys going over to the factory thru hull outlet or using a aftermarket thru hull that contours to the curveture of the hull.... thanks in advance....

+1
    I started with the TDR, hated how loud it was so I added the sound suppression. Then I installed an external ic and didn't like the way it fit with the SS. So, I took the SS out and I've been riding with just the tdr this season. It's loud, but it's growing on me.

I'm looking into doing an '08 type exhaust setup, with the xpipe and gpr water box. I'm looking Into where I would mount the O2 sensor now, not really interested in putting it into the manifold, a lot of work required there.

Avoid the doo boxes, a few people had Issues getting them to work right.

I bought the "drop in" Polaris water box and mocked it up, but I really didn't like the way it fit in the hull and the outlet is the wrong size and didn't like the options of getting it to fit.

Hope that helps.

+1 on the 08 exhaust with the GPR box.

+1
    I hated the TDR, sounds good for short runs, but when riding for a while on social rides, you end up with a head ache afterwards from the noise... I installed the factory Sound Supression with the TDR water box, this worked well and ran this for two or more years.

Late last year I converted everything to an X-pipe with 1300 water box and the blue (Riva) GPR free flow pipe, just as quite, sounds great, and much neater in the engine bay then the old set up.

More details here
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ersion-to-loud

+1
    What are you guys considering the "x pipe", the straight pipe from the exhaust manifold to the water box.. So people are having problems with the 08 seadoo water box and are using the 08 GPR water box with the 08 seadoo manifold? With the x pipe, I can't use the 05 exhaust manifold? thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeadooTech View Post
    What are you guys considering the "x pipe", the straight pipe from the exhaust manifold to the water box.. So people are having problems with the 08 seadoo water box and are using the 08 GPR water box with the 08 seadoo manifold? With the x pipe, I can't use the 05 exhaust manifold? thanks
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...8-exhaust-kits

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    none of the stock seadoo boxes will work without welding. the angles at witch everything sits in the hulls are very different. also, the doo had a much smaller outlet, so you would need to adapt it to the gpr exhaust. the tdr waterbox is by far the easiest way to go, but its loud as sin.

+1
    I'm going to use addicted's 08 conversion....

Which TDR waterbox would fix any1? wit a 4tech motor in a 1300 hull?

+1
    go with the TDR it sounds bad ass! you get used to it! dont go with the polaris box i just built a conver with one and broke all the baffles in it and the inlet tube melted it self shut!!! had to cut it n gut it

Thread Information