Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Help with slow 300X

Well, finally got through a nice break in and after 10 hrs decided to get some #'s and install the Riva SCOM.

First noted that the stock speed limiter on my ski seemed to kick in real early... like 7350 rpm's and 63-65 mph on the speedo with the boost gauge only getting to about 12.5 before cutting back. Was only able to manage 64.5 mph gps top speed.

Threw the module in at the ramp and went back out... 70-70.5 mph gps @ 7850 rpm with boost gauge now showing about 14.5 (not quite pegged to the top, I know they are not the most accurate) On the plus side, I got 6 mph from the SCOM.

Seems like I am missing some rpms and mph going by what others have posted. Checked all the SC and IC hoses, underneath the ski looks good and all the other obvious stuff. No lights or codes and seems to run fine. Air was 72f with 50%h.

Any ideas on what to look for would be appreciated. It seems like there is a bit too much play in my throttle cable, but I'm not sure if I can adjust it with the FBW system. Also thought maybe the BOV might be letting go too early. A little help from the Kawi experts needed here please! Thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    Well, finally got through a nice break in and after 10 hrs decided to get some #'s and install the Riva SCOM.

First noted that the stock speed limiter on my ski seemed to kick in real early... like 7350 rpm's and 63-65 mph on the speedo with the boost gauge only getting to about 12.5 before cutting back. Was only able to manage 64.5 mph gps top speed.

Threw the module in at the ramp and went back out... 70-70.5 mph gps @ 7850 rpm with boost gauge now showing about 14.5 (not quite pegged to the top, I know they are not the most accurate) On the plus side, I got 6 mph from the SCOM.

Seems like I am missing some rpms and mph going by what others have posted. Checked all the SC and IC hoses, underneath the ski looks good and all the other obvious stuff. No lights or codes and seems to run fine. Air was 72f with 50%h.

Any ideas on what to look for would be appreciated. It seems like there is a bit too much play in my throttle cable, but I'm not sure if I can adjust it with the FBW system. Also thought maybe the BOV might be letting go too early. A little help from the Kawi experts needed here please! Thanks!
    7800 to 7900 is all I am getting.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    7800 to 7900 is all I am getting.
    That makes me feel a bit better, I thought I read some guys were over 8K. What do you think about my speed?

+1
    Could you guys link me to something on the BOV spring adjustment... or is it better to just block it off?

+1
    By the way lasportsmn, the SCOM install went quick and easy thanks to Your installation tips! Thank You! Damn that thick white wire!

+1
    By the way lasportsmn, the SCOM install went quick and easy thanks to Your installation tips! Thank You! Damn that thick white wire!
    Your Welcome. Glad it helped you. Hopefully the white wire issue is resolved in future batches of bypasses.

That makes me feel a bit better, I thought I read some guys were over 8K. What do you think about my speed?
    The guys getting those RPMs, notice where most of them are. Much cooler temps south of the Equator. I feel we should get the same numbers when it cools off in a few months.

Could you guys link me to something on the BOV spring adjustment... or is it better to just block it off?
    Block it off. Only way to know for sure it is not leaking boost there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by no_more_rice View Post
    I wouldn't call 70.5 "slow" that is only 1 mph slower than lasportsmn saw with the stock intake grate. Crank the spring down on the BOV if you're worried about "leak off".
    It sure was slow before the bypass!!

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Who sells the best block-off?
    just buy a rubber cap to block out let ..................then slide hose back over and clamp off if you cant figure the mod correctly

Waz

+1

+1
    Thanks - does the R&D plate have a gasket?
    Yes it comes with a gasket and the longer bolts. It was made for the 250/260 where you could have put the BOV back on over the blockoff to still look stock. With the different BOV you will need to completely remove it and reuse the oem bolts.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information