Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Questions About Metal Washer Upgrade

Ok guys about the S/C...

a. What tools do I need for this and should I re-use the needle bearings or install new ones?

b. How do you check slip?

Thanks again,

Quote Originally Posted by Flynfox View Post
    Ok guys about the S/C...

a. What tools do I need for this and should I re-use the needle bearings or install new ones?

b. How do you check slip?

Thanks again,
    not to throw you a curve, but it would be cost efficient just to send your SC to Green Hulk! That`s what I did, few days there, a day or to to rebuild SC and a few days back, wallah!!!...PR...

you need tools for nut, shaft holder, SC housing jig, rotational torque wrench, either beam type or dial type, standard or digital. It is cheaper to send it out, unless you plan to do it alot...

You lock the engine from turning, remove the SC inlet hose/tube and put torque wrench on SC nut, turn wrench and read number when the clutch slips, not sure on which hand rotation tho, I`m sure Jer or Steve can simplify things for ya!...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 12-04-2006 at 11:10 PM.

another thought is to mayb split the cost of the tools with some riding buddies..if you plan on doing it a lot its cheaper that way.

if uve never done it before it s a REALLY good idea to have somebody SHOW you. see if theres anybody on the forum who lives close and has done it before and wouldnt mind showing you how to do it. once u see it once u realize how easy it is, just have to be careful and focus on what ur you're doing.

if u dont want to mess with it just send it to jerry and u know its done properly and in a timely manner.

o yea, special tools u would need for metal washer swap would be.. shaft holding tool and a sc mounting work plate thingy, and a good torque wrench...
    Last edited by mxl16; 12-04-2006 at 11:17 PM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    not to throw you a curve, but it would be cost efficient just to send your SC to Green Hulk! That`s what I did, few days there, a day or to to rebuild SC and a few days back, wallah!!!...PR...

you need tools for nut, shaft holder, SC housing jig, rotational torque wrench, either beam type or dial type, standard or digital. It is cheaper to send it out, unless you plan to do it alot...

You lock the engine from turning, remove the SC inlet hose/tube and put torque wrench on SC nut, turn wrench and read number when the clutch slips, not sure on which hand rotation tho, I`m sure Jer or Steve can simplify things for ya!...
    Quote Originally Posted by mxl16 View Post
    another thought is to mayb split the cost of the tools with some riding buddies..if you plan on doing it a lot its cheaper that way.

if uve never done it before it s a REALLY good idea to have somebody SHOW you. see if theres anybody on the forum who lives close and has done it before and wouldnt mind showing you how to do it. once u see it once u realize how easy it is, just have to be careful and focus on what ur you're doing.

if u dont want to mess with it just send it to jerry and u know its done properly and in a timely manner.
    PR ~ That's what I was thinking and will probably do. I don't see needing to pull the S/C enough to justify the cost of the tools.

MXL16 ~ Thanks for the discretion. Fortunately, I have a good friend that has raced skis in the past & he's only a phone call away. I also own a 500+ hp Mustang that I'm always wrenching on & if I run into a jamb I call my friend for help. Problem is his woman keeps a tight leash on him so he's not easily available. Anyway I prefer to do things on my own if I can.

Thanks again,

yea, im the same way, if i watch someone do it im confident i can do it again by myself. do you have a shop manual? its one of those things that really handy if you're gonna be doin work on ur ski.

i suppose u dont really need the mounting plate, i just use a rag and a bench vise. all you really need is the shaft holding tool and some hand tools.

yea, im the same way, if i watch someone do it im confident i can do it again by myself. do you have a shop manual? its one of those things that really handy if you're gonna be doin work on ur ski.

i suppose u dont really need the mounting plate, i just use a rag and a bench vise. all you really need is the shaft holding tool and some hand tools.
    maybe the spanner wrench to!...PR...

Talking

yea, im the same way, if i watch someone do it im confident i can do it again by myself. do you have a shop manual? its one of things that really handy if you're gonna be doin work on ur ski.

Yeah I purchased a manual from eBay but the pics are not that great. Been chatting with Superduty abt this too.

I guess I'll just play it step by step. Once I get the S/C off I'll decide to either do it myself or send it to Jerry.

Yeah I purchased a manual from eBay but the pics are not that great. Been chatting with Superduty abt this too.

I guess I'll just play it step by step. Once I get the S/C off I'll decide to either do it myself or send it to Jerry.
    is it electronic pdf file or the actual manual book? i have both the engine manual and the vehicle manual (the actual books) and the pics r pretty descent. i also have the pdf manual. the books are much better and more vehicle specific.

With the sc tools, changing the washers takes less then 5 min. if you plan on doing a lot of this stuff i say just buy the tools.

I used the riva instruction, i had no questions. here they are

http://69.28.79.48/Instructions/rs1750_hdw_946.pdf
    Last edited by ReDevilRXP; 12-05-2006 at 12:08 AM.

Talking

is it electronic pdf file or the actual manual book? i have both the engine manual and the vehicle manual (the actual books) and the pics r pretty descent. i also have the pdf manual. the books are much better and more vehicle specific.

PDF.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information