Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Unhappy questions about a 07 rxp

a guy here in town is selling a 07 rxp looks brand new has the title in hand. it starts and runs fine but overheats his mechanic says its the head gasket the ski only has 26hrs. he was asking 4k for it but i got him to go 3500 something doesnt add up here. i couldnt see anything else wrong with it. he said his son let it run out of the water for long enough for the gasket to blow ? i would think the exhaust would melt before that ? im thinking water ingestion. should i stay away i mean 3500 for an 07 with a blown head gasket is a steal ?
    let me know your thoughts

+1
    If it was me buying it I would go over the following:
    Check the oil:
    Check the coolant:
    Check Compression:
    Take it out for a test drive for at least 5-10 minutes and see if you lose coolant or get a Hi-temp alarm.

Might be just a head gasket and if it is then it's not a bad deal at all.

+1
    only thing ive done was check the sc for lost washers and their still there. i just dont see how you could get it hot enough to blow the head and if so im sure the head is warped ?

im not sure if he will let me do a lake test. he is saying that he's getting a lot of calls on it and potential buyers. i just dont feel like rebuilding another motor this summer.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Hey mike i seen that, i seen one before that the ride plate had cracked and the coolant leaked,in turn the motor overheated.If you get it you'll have to do something to it because its overheated in the past.headgaskets are not uncommon so IF that was it then i would deck the head and block.

+1
    yeah im considering buying this i just dont want to jump the gun and the motor be bad. it starts and sounds fine, other than coolant blowing out the overflow what should i test ? if was water ingestion would it still run fine ? would the compression be off ?

+1
    ok so i just got through talking to mech that was working on the ski and he said and i quote " i changed the oil and got it ready for the summer, then hooked it to the hose and it ran and slowy started to die. i pulled the plugs and number 1 and 2 had water in it" i asked him did he start the ski before he turned the water on and he said after. so mech essentialy hydrolocked the motor. he says ive been working on motors for 30 years you can turn the water on before blah blah blah. this guy didnt know much about seadoos and how they work. so what am i looking at in damage bent rods ? can this blow a head gasket ? it does start and run.

+1
    walk away..Unless you are up for pulling the motor and going through it.

+1
    thats what i was thinking, i really dont mind pulling the motor and replacing a couple of rods and new rings but what should be the price for this ski knowing this ? i would love to have an rxp and a 07 at that

+1
    should i buy this ski i check compression today and all cylinders are fine. the mech said it was running and stalled out, i pulled the plugs and they are water fouled, they think its the headgasket i did not argue with them. i can pick the ski up today for 3500.00 its an 07 with 26 hours and a new trailer the ski looks like it came off the show room floor. agian they think its the headgasket and its not the headgasket, it got some water in the clylinders and stalled. it starts and runs fine right now

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    If the rods were damaged/bent it wouldn't run properly,its would run,...just not right.I'd buy it,deck the head and block,new head gasket,head bolts,check the charger and slip moment,oil change and coolant and roll.........thats just me though.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information