Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

05 RXP TEST RESULTS

Because of some time constraints I have not been able to put all the parts on. This is what I have done so far and the results

Put on PPG air intake and took off OPAS.
    7 hours on machine 05 RXP
    Air Temp 73 F
    water temp 62 F
    20 % Humidity
    Delaware River
    3 Bars gas

66 MPH against current
    68 MPH with current

Results.....No changes on top speed. I may have even lost a .5 mph Granted the ski is still new. I was hoping to see something with OPAS off, but nothing doing there. It seemed to handle a little better without OPAS. More to come when I get the other parts on. I have the complete level 1 kit from PPG

Peter

You will see more speeds once you put the Impeller on. That will realy wake it up. you will be very suprise. The PPG air box will work good in the ded heat of the summer keeping the heat fade down and bring the rpms back up. Also are you running the Denso # 27 or any cooler plugs?? When i put my plugs in I notice the rpms did not jump as much and stayed @ 8100. Take your time break the ski in good and when you get 40-50 hours the ski realy starts to lossen up. good luck

+1
    People think that when removing OPAS they will increase speed. This is not the case! You will however increase speed going thru chop as the OPAS paddles wont grab thus slowing you down.

One of the things that I have noticed with the RXP's that have the PPG pressurized airbox is the throttle response. When you nail the throttle from an idle, before you can even look down that thing is pegged at 8100rpm and the Solas is just pullin like a champ!

RXPNJ,

Take it easy on the ski, like everyone said, get out there and break it in right. Then start modding!!!

Good Luck!

RXP RESULTS

Thanks for some of the feedback. Yes OPAS being off in the chop is much better. I liked the way that the ski tracked. I made the same post on sea-doo.net and see some of the same responses. I am breaking it in fairly easy. I copied what I put on sea-doo.net so that you could see it here. I was not trying to slam any products....I hope none of you guys on this board took it that way. I am not that kind of person.....well...try not to be

I have not put the impeller on yet or changed the plugs or put the intake grate on either. I was turning 7950 RPM's I saw 8000 for a split second. GP I was not slamming. Just reporting on my particular encounters thus far. But I could see how it may lead in a negative way. I have not put everything on yet. I usually put all the parts on, but because of work and being new to a sea-doo....things are taking more time. I would have had the impeller on, but I needed to order the impeller wrench. All of my tooling is geared for ultra's and 1300's. It is a learning curve with this sea-doo. Just like any new ski.

Thanks

Peter

Hey Peter,

Seems like you're off to a good start so far. Sometimes better to be safe than sorry. Best of luck to you with your new toy!! Keep us posted as it comes along.

+1
    I'm happy with PPG's air intake and think this will be a better mod down the road with other additions and the warmer temps. I think the plugs and definitely some decision on the impeller (either repitch stock or get the Solas) will round out your ski very nicely and will increase your acceleration tremendously.

+1
    Out of curiosity, what would be the FIRST mod made to a RXP after break-in?

+1
    Air intake
    impeller repitch, or new Solas impeller

Rendog
    OPAS block off
    Sponsond
    grate
    Power filter
    Repitched soals or stocker
    SC impeller With stornger cluch or BOV
    ECU
    Inter cooler