Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Rutcutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    235

    Need some help,1k to spend on mods

    Help me put it to good use,i've got close to 20hrs on my ski now and im looking to do some mods and have $1,000 to spend. What mods will get me the most "Bang for the Buck"?


  2. #2
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutcutter View Post
    Help me put it to good use,i've got close to 20hrs on my ski now and im looking to do some mods and have $1,000 to spend. What mods will get me the most "Bang for the Buck"?
    Prop Riva Valvetrain and Les Cooke Remap is what you should be looking at.

    250 + 599 + 750 or close to that. I know its a bit more but its just a forecast for you. Go big or you will regret it.

  3. #3
    Mr. Millennium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    heart of dixie
    Posts
    63
    jims plate is the best way to go

  4. #4
    ZeXteR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    79
    +1
    1
    If you are using one good fuel, 91+ octanes:

    put off your head assy. head gasket - use the upper and low sheets only. You have 4 sheets: 2 to trash and 2 to use. Between the the upper and low sheets, use loctite gray glue. In the intake manifold, use a riva intake upgrade kit and put off the restrictor (trash love it!!).

    Use the same bolts... use the same gasket...

    with riva override module + your others mods + prop + this mods = 74mph if you verify 75.4mph don't be alarmed

  5. #5
    b_dolla44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Noblesville, Indiana United States
    Posts
    1,165
    +1
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeXteR View Post
    If you are using one good fuel, 91+ octanes:

    put off your head assy. head gasket - use the upper and low sheets only. You have 4 sheets: 2 to trash and 2 to use. Between the the upper and low sheets, use loctite gray glue. In the intake manifold, use a riva intake upgrade kit and put off the restrictor (trash love it!!).
    Use the same bolts... use the same gasket...

    with riva override module + your others mods + prop + this mods = 74mph if you verify 75.4mph don't be alarmed
    I must say.... This might be the WORST advice ever givin on the form to date....
    or, maybe I don't have a clue what im talking about....
    But, re-using a head gasket? and re-using bolts?

  6. #6
    Rutcutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by b_dolla44 View Post
    I must say.... This might be the WORST advice ever givin on the form to date....
    or, maybe I don't have a clue what im talking about....
    But, re-using a head gasket? and re-using bolts?
    That's what I was thinking..LOL

  7. #7
    Orlando Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    2,419
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Prop Riva Valvetrain and Les Cooke Remap is what you should be looking at.

    250 + 599 + 750 or close to that. I know its a bit more but its just a forecast for you. Go big or you will regret it.
    I would do this minus the prop to save some money for now and just depitch your stock prop. It's an excellent base to start from, after this you can upgrade your charger and should see 80+ no prob.

  8. #8
    Rutcutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    235
    So ImAShark dont do the prop? I was thinking prop and the Les Cooke Remap and keep the rev limit resonable so I dont have to change up the valvetrain right now ...

  9. #9
    Orlando Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    2,419
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutcutter View Post
    So ImAShark dont do the prop? I was thinking prop and the Les Cooke Remap and keep the rev limit resonable so I dont have to change up the valvetrain right now ...
    On the current budget I'd say your drivetrain is more important then a prop when you can always just depitch your stock prop and get some decent numbers with it. Later on when you can save a little more then just get a prop that will get you where you want to be and you're set. At least for now u'll have a good baseline to work with.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Need some help with chine walk on yamaha suv at 61mph gps
    By 05NNJ1300R in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2015, 10:59 AM
  2. Need some help with race bars on rxt 215
    By JohnnyG. in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2013, 10:55 AM
  3. Need Some help on a Mod Setup: Injectors???
    By thompsdw in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-22-2009, 06:04 PM
  4. need some help onwhat to over the motor with
    By homebrew in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 06:57 PM
  5. Need some help on deciding what to do.
    By chrishoward81 in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 10:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •