Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

93 dry pipe question

I know this dry pipe seems to work well on the 750's, but has anyone ever tried this on a 700 twin?? The red pipes look really close, so it just made me wonder if it's been tried, and what the results were.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    I think the trick with twins is to cut and reweld the stock pipe. Look around bruce's site.
    www.wetwolf.com

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by addicted View Post
    I think the trick with twins is to cut and reweld the stock pipe. Look around bruce's site.
    www.wetwolf.com
    i have a 700 twinn pipe here, i'd make you a deral on if you want to "cut it up"

zig

I have two of the 700 twin pipes, but was just wondering about the tripple to twin swap.

Speaking of cutting 2" out of the 700 twin pipe, I can't find anyone who can actually quote a factual account of what gains were made by doing this. HP increase? Low end or top end? Anyone actually test this out?

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    http://www.wetwolf.com/hurr/hurr.htm ask him. I think he might do the mod if you send him a pipe. See what Bruce has to say.

Ride Mohave To Havasu. Live In Los Angeles.
    Shortening a pipe typically raises max rpm for more speed but hurts bottom end some. You can always add compression or other things to wake up the acceleration. Bruce will have the answers for you.

OMG!! Why can't anyone stay on topic?!?!?! I don't care about the red pipe.

I wanted to know if anyone has tried the 93 DRY PIPE on a twin. If you have, please post.

Don't take my rant too seriously. I'm no a-hole. Just a pet peeve.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by snowxr View Post
    I have two of the 700 twin pipes, but was just wondering about the tripple to twin swap.

Speaking of cutting 2" out of the 700 twin pipe, I can't find anyone who can actually quote a factual account of what gains were made by doing this. HP increase? Low end or top end? Anyone actually test this out?
    WOW!!!

i think polaris nut, and sealion were jsut trying to answer your OWN question posted. ( see above quote!!!)

i would guess since no one has posted on the dry pipe issue, no one really knows. insted, they are just trying to help with what they do know!!

tell you what, maybe you should just buy a dry pipe, and try it out. test, test, test. then you will know for yourself.

zig

Quote Originally Posted by john zigler View Post
    WOW!!!

i think polaris nut, and sealion were jsut trying to answer your OWN question posted. ( see above quote!!!)

i would guess since no one has posted on the dry pipe issue, no one really knows. insted, they are just trying to help with what they do know!!

tell you what, maybe you should just buy a dry pipe, and try it out. test, test, test. then you will know for yourself.

zig
    I have one ot these dry pipes, and two red pipes, and I'm not looking for extra top end, so cutting and welding is out. I guess I'll be testing in the spring.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    Snow, The 93 is a fuji and the 700 is a domestic. Have you checked to see if things would even line up or fit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information