Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    93 dry pipe question

    I know this dry pipe seems to work well on the 750's, but has anyone ever tried this on a 700 twin?? The red pipes look really close, so it just made me wonder if it's been tried, and what the results were.


  2. #2
    cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    north jersey
    Posts
    6,188
    +1
    176
    I think the trick with twins is to cut and reweld the stock pipe. Look around bruce's site.
    www.wetwolf.com

  3. #3
    john zigler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,545
    +1
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by addicted View Post
    I think the trick with twins is to cut and reweld the stock pipe. Look around bruce's site.
    www.wetwolf.com
    i have a 700 twinn pipe here, i'd make you a deral on if you want to "cut it up"

    zig

  4. #4
    I have two of the 700 twin pipes, but was just wondering about the tripple to twin swap.

    Speaking of cutting 2" out of the 700 twin pipe, I can't find anyone who can actually quote a factual account of what gains were made by doing this. HP increase? Low end or top end? Anyone actually test this out?

  5. #5
    Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    3,350
    +1
    26
    http://www.wetwolf.com/hurr/hurr.htm ask him. I think he might do the mod if you send him a pipe. See what Bruce has to say.

  6. #6
    SeaLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ride Mohave To Havasu. Live In Los Angeles.
    Posts
    841
    Shortening a pipe typically raises max rpm for more speed but hurts bottom end some. You can always add compression or other things to wake up the acceleration. Bruce will have the answers for you.

  7. #7
    OMG!! Why can't anyone stay on topic?!?!?! I don't care about the red pipe.

    I wanted to know if anyone has tried the 93 DRY PIPE on a twin. If you have, please post.

    Don't take my rant too seriously. I'm no a-hole. Just a pet peeve.

  8. #8
    john zigler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,545
    +1
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by snowxr View Post
    I have two of the 700 twin pipes, but was just wondering about the tripple to twin swap.

    Speaking of cutting 2" out of the 700 twin pipe, I can't find anyone who can actually quote a factual account of what gains were made by doing this. HP increase? Low end or top end? Anyone actually test this out?
    WOW!!!

    i think polaris nut, and sealion were jsut trying to answer your OWN question posted. ( see above quote!!!)

    i would guess since no one has posted on the dry pipe issue, no one really knows. insted, they are just trying to help with what they do know!!

    tell you what, maybe you should just buy a dry pipe, and try it out. test, test, test. then you will know for yourself.

    zig

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by john zigler View Post
    WOW!!!

    i think polaris nut, and sealion were jsut trying to answer your OWN question posted. ( see above quote!!!)

    i would guess since no one has posted on the dry pipe issue, no one really knows. insted, they are just trying to help with what they do know!!

    tell you what, maybe you should just buy a dry pipe, and try it out. test, test, test. then you will know for yourself.

    zig
    I have one ot these dry pipes, and two red pipes, and I'm not looking for extra top end, so cutting and welding is out. I guess I'll be testing in the spring.

  10. #10
    cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    north jersey
    Posts
    6,188
    +1
    176
    Snow, The 93 is a fuji and the 700 is a domestic. Have you checked to see if things would even line up or fit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question 4 those w/a dry pipe on a 780...
    By starflight in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-16-2009, 08:05 PM
  2. 93 Dry Pipe $140,00 Bin
    By Keddano in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 11:38 PM
  3. 92 vs 93 Dry Pipe Comparison
    By BigDaddyPT in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 03:36 PM
  4. Waterbox/J-Pipe question ?
    By Kinchyle in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2006, 07:48 PM
  5. PPg Power Pipe Question
    By tchies in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-19-2005, 08:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •