Polaris 780SL running issues with fuel tank installed

"For those who dont want to read cliffs at the bottom!!!"

Ok so far i've clean, and rebuild the carbs installed everything back in like the exhaust manifolds and put new fuel lines in and did a test run.

At first I've run the jet ski without using the gas tank what i did is i took a little container and filled it with pre mix ran the fuel intake and return line to the container. It fired up without any problem. Heck it even started up without chokes idled fine, and revved up with no shudder, and there's lots of fuel coming from the return line to the container and the fuel lines didn't have any air in it. After it ran i decided to call it a day and leave.

Three days later i return to hook up the fuel lines to the gas tank primed the fuel system (via starting) and it fired but i didn't idle by it self, i had to use the choke and keep the throttle 1/8 ways open just to make it idle. If i open the choke it would it would die right away, even if i have at WOT (wide open throttle) and i open the choke it would stall. It felt like if its running lean also I realized the fuel return line was dry and nothing was going back the fuel tank i even removed the line to see and still nothing is coming out. There was also air in the fuel lines too! Anyways getting that thing to fire up was getting harder and harder until it wont even fire up i have a feeling i've flooded it so im going to let it dry out.

Anyways could it be the fuel tank that is causing this problem???

Cliffs
    Rebuild carbs, installed everthing used small cup for fuel tank,started up with no choke ran fine revved with no studder, no air in fuel line, fuel coming out from return

Three days later, hooked the fuel line to fuel tank, only starts up with choke and runs with choke on, if running and open the choke it stalls out even if its a WOT! No fuel returning to gas tank. Possible low fuel pressure/lean condition due to hooking up to fuel tank.

Banned User
    +1
    Make sure you have the right connections on the tank pick up. Look for leaks along the lines, at every connection. Did you inspect the filters? Is the fuel shut off flowing correctly? Pull the sender out of the tank and make sure nothing in it is blocked.

The fuel shut off is working fine, i think it has to do something with the breather valve, because it seems like no fuel going into the carburetor, and the air in the fuel line that attaches to the carb wont go away. Ill see if i can bypass that breather.

Banned User
    +1
    How much gas did you put in the tank?

About 5 gallon of 40:1 premix, the fuel/water separator is full, the fuel intake has some air and the return fuel line there's no fuel, it' still dry, thats why I suspect there must be a breather problem or as u mention the fuel pickup is clogged.

Banned User
    +1
    If you can't get fuel to the carbs, there either is a restriction or a fuel pump problem. A venting issue wouldn't show itself until you have consumed a decent amount of fuel. Check all your hose connections. Its pretty easy to get them wrong on the tank pickup. Check compression on pto cylinder. If you have a problem there, your fuel pump won't work.

Ok compressions are PTO 120 C 123 M 121 so that's all good, fuel pump is pumping fine and I've rebuild it 3 months ago, so my conclusion is the fuel pick up that is at fault must have been clogged or i wired it wrong I'll have to check that out.

Thread Information