Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lake Lanier, GA
    Posts
    11

    Adding Intercooler To 2003 GTX Limited

    Can this be done? If so, any idea on cost to have it done by a pro?


  2. #2
    b_dolla44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Noblesville, Indiana United States
    Posts
    1,165
    +1
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle28 View Post
    Can this be done? If so, any idea on cost to have it done by a pro?
    Yes it can be done.
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=983
    as for paying a shop to do it....
    my 2cents = make a thread stating your location and what you want done. OFFER BEER AND PIZZA!!!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lake Lanier, GA
    Posts
    11
    b_dolla44 - Thanks for the reply! The upgrade kit is not too expensive ($499 with shipping), but I have to weigh the speed gained against cost, and getting only a 2 mph gain doesn't add up. I'll spring for good beer and pizza any day for experienced help!

  4. #4
    b_dolla44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Noblesville, Indiana United States
    Posts
    1,165
    +1
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle28 View Post
    b_dolla44 - Thanks for the reply! The upgrade kit is not too expensive ($499 with shipping), but I have to weigh the speed gained against cost, and getting only a 2 mph gain doesn't add up. I'll spring for good beer and pizza any day for experienced help!
    You will find after some research that $500.00 for a 2 mph gain is CHEAP!
    Many of us have $10,000(Roughly) invested to go from the stock 68 mph to 80 mph. Thats 833 a MPH...
    A external IC is by far one the cheapest mods for what you get in return...

  5. #5
    Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Panama City, FL
    Posts
    391
    +1
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by b_dolla44 View Post
    You will find after some research that $500.00 for a 2 mph gain is CHEAP!
    Many of us have $10,000(Roughly) invested to go from the stock 68 mph to 80 mph. Thats 833 a MPH...
    A external IC is by far one the cheapest mods for what you get in return...
    +1, plus the wholeshot is worth it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Adding intercooler to GTX 185
    By SuperCharged67 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-21-2013, 03:10 PM
  2. 2003 GTX Limited low oil pressure
    By chuck2 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-20-2012, 12:35 PM
  3. 2003 gtx limited PLEASE HELP!!
    By 12rxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-21-2011, 10:00 PM
  4. 2003 GTX Limited - 91 hours
    By scottbaty in forum Sea Doo 4Tec Skis
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 07:15 AM
  5. adding external intercooler to 2003 gtx sc motor
    By rapidacceleration in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 08:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •