Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Holeshot on the 300x

Hearing alot about the great holeshot on the 300 and was wondering how it compared to the knee jerk, instant throttle response on the RXP-X? Thanks in advance.

+1
    All I can say is ride one. or read Jerry's review of riding the ski. That will answer your question right from the man...
    Here is his words....
    "I have never, ever, been on a stock ski that would hole shot this good. There's not even a hint of cavitation as this ski sling shots out of the hole. It has great acceleration all the way up to it's top speed."

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ki-300X-review

ENOUGH SAID.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by no_more_rice View Post
    Apples and oranges, the RXP is a tiny, smooth water ski
    No crap, why do you think I am asking the question? Im sure someone has run into an rxpx on flat water, or has ridin both skis and has some feedback.

+1
    Thanks lasport, that's what I was looking for. How happy are you with your 300? I want something that will handle the chop better since its rarely flat enough to go 77 mph, but don't want to make major sacrifices in performance. Id rather have bottom end take off and give up some top end. Thanks

+1
    I have and somewhere on here I have it posted. Slightly modded RXP against my bone stock 300 other than my Riva Speed Bypass, he could not keep up out the hole.

I am extremely satisfied. 30 hours and never added oil, do dilution to speak of, still original plugs. I am leaving the plugs just to see how long they last since that was an issue in the past. Everything skeptics are claiming will go wrong is not happening. I know 30 housr is not much but it is more than some people put on in a year and I have done in a little over a month.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by spinaker View Post
    Thanks lasport, that's what I was looking for. How happy are you with your 300? I want something that will handle the chop better since its rarely flat enough to go 77 mph, but don't want to make major sacrifices in performance. Id rather have bottom end take off and give up some top end. Thanks
    I am supposed to be taking a trip to visit friends in Dothan and go out to Lake Eufaula and possibly a trip out to Orange Beach. If I do I will let you know. I could possibly show you what this ski can do.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by no_more_rice View Post
    Get a 300, you won't regret it - so much more versatile in changing lake conditions. When a storm rolls in, I look forward to it
    Ive put a couple thousand into my Z and its very fast, but its always somewhat choppy and I just dont ride it much due to that reason. I hate to eat it a big loss but its all good. Its hard for me to imagine a stock ski pulling a harder holeshot than an rxpx. Thanks for the info fellows.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    I am supposed to be taking a trip to visit friends in Dothan and go out to Lake Eufaula and possibly a trip out to Orange Beach. If I do I will let you know. I could possibly show you what this ski can do.
    Oh that would be great!!! I would love to see first hand what it can do. Let me know and I will definitely meet up with you.

+1
    I had and 83 mph fzr, which was an amazing ski, but the conditions I ride in are just too rough, so I did a lot of nail biting and decided to sell it and get a 300. Wish I could have both, but I'm happy with the choice I made so far.

Ive put a couple thousand into my Z and its very fast, but its always somewhat choppy and I just dont ride it much due to that reason. I hate to eat it a big loss but its all good. Its hard for me to imagine a stock ski pulling a harder holeshot than an rxpx. Thanks for the info fellows.

+1
    No crap, why do you think I am asking the question? Im sure someone has run into an rxpx on flat water, or has ridin both skis and has some feedback.
    Yes, we have both... and believe it or not the 300 leaves harder, a good bit harder- how much is relative. It's also an easier ski to holeshot... doesn't require any real trimwork or body positioning like the PX can- especially when the water is not really flat - our TX was like that too, more of a no-brainer ski to get a good start on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information