Question emergency! will the motor,pump and electrics work from a 2008 rxp to 2004 rxp hull?

please i need to know will the motor,pump and electrics work from a 2008 rxp to 2004 rxp hull?

im getting a great deal on a 2008 rxp motor, pump,pump shaft and electronics

will all these internals fit fine in a 2004 rxp hull?!

please help me out here guys!

To run the 2007-09 RXP motor on your 04 RXP you are going to need the complete wire harness from the 07 newer models including the ECU and complete digital display gauge, There is also a way to run it with you original wire harness but you need to make some modification to PTO wire harness and you need to add the knock sensor from the 04 to the new motor because they are different and other modification as well but I do not think is the best route for you.

no im going to get the complete wire harness and electronics thats not a problem.... will the pump and shaft fit ok? will the motor mounts be the same location? also how can i adapt the gauge cluster from an 08 to the 04 hood?

Quote Originally Posted by bksbigboy69 View Post
    no im going to get the complete wire harness and electronics thats not a problem.... will the pump and shaft fit ok? will the motor mounts be the same location? also how can i adapt the gauge cluster from an 08 to the 04 hood?
    You should have no proble to add the motor on the 04 hull, you can use the the same motor mount, drive shaft and pump with no problem.
    The cluster is the same physical fitness as long as you the complete wire harness from the 07 it should work fine.

you live here in miami? i live in kendall ... my name is juan i was wondering since you obviously have alot of experience maybe we can trade numbers and i can give you a call while im doing all the work and you can point me in the right direction if i get stumped....im dieing to get it going its going to be my first rxp ... i use to have a yami gpr but now looking for the four stroke dependibility and saveing gas lol

+1
    +1
    I have experiance same you but i changed enginge from RXP-X255 year 2009 to my RXP year 2004.
    You have to modified connector of fuel module because, it is small connector on 2004 and wiring so difference from year 2008.
    If you can replace fuel tank with pump module , it will be easy for you. If not i have a diagram of this modified.
    One more; Exhaust pipe and water box must be change to year 2008 for good power.
    Dumri
    APC Racing

+1
    what about a 2006 seadoo rxt with a 2007 engine would i need to change wiring

Thread Information