new to this forum but have some problems with my js440 please help

so i take my 1990 JS440 to the lake and it doesnt seem to really pull me...im 220lbs and im not sure if its due to me being in that range? but ill go and i have to fight it to stand up...im full throttle on it and it just doesnt wanna pull me...my gf gets on it and it seems to rip...i do know that the bat was dead so i jumped it and it was fine for a bit but died once more...im sure i need a bat and am going to get one.....is there a problem or are the 440s just gutless?

+1
    Wecome to green hulk. I haven't rode one in years. But from what I remember they are a little gutless stock and hard to keep up on plane with a heaver rider. On the other hand I have road a built one and it got with the program. Popping wheelie when you hit the throttle. The money that was into that ski was ridiculous, so not sure if it would be wroth it. I road a stock 700 Yamaha super jet in 2005 and it would ride circles around a js440 stock. You could maybe get away with a js550. That got me around pretty good for being stock. The older ski are more of a balancing act to me when comparing to the newer ones. It would be hard to judge,Just because it been so long. mid 90 for the 440 and the 550. I have a Friend that has a super jet 760 that is Bult I haven't ridden it yet. Hopefully this year I will. He said it pulls your arms harder then any thing he has ridden. It hard when you are on a budget. good luck.
    Last edited by 20 feet Boy; 06-16-2011 at 06:18 PM.

yeah i kinda figured they were gutless....i mean i learned how to ride on a js550...then went to a 650sx last summer...but they wernt mine....i think im just gonna sell it or beef it up...what could i get to get the most HP on a budget?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydave916 View Post
    yeah i kinda figured they were gutless....i mean i learned how to ride on a js550...then went to a 650sx last summer...but they wernt mine....i think im just gonna sell it or beef it up...what could i get to get the most HP on a budget?
    Unless you find some good use after market parts it would be better to just get a bigger ski. Maybe keep that ski for your GF. I saw west coast pipe for sale for $80 on the net. But I never was big in to building them just riding them back then. I move away from the guys that use to build them. I would say carb and a pipe would help it out. May air cleaner. But some people like to leave the stock air box's on because it works well to keep water out. I known very little about the ski to tell you the truth. I was thinking that some old school member would chime in by now. Sorry I didn't help.

Thread Information