STILL having issues with RIVA ECU/Buds/getting the VTS turned on!!! HELP!

So the 06 rxp with riva ecu has been to the dealer twice...first time they couldnt connect to it. Then I called Bubba at Riva....I was told that if the ski loses the battery voltage then the ski would lose memory and the VTS would have to be turned on through buds....Bubba tells me no that doesnt happen and to use a old version of buds and cable. So today it goes back in and it connects but says this "Please use ECu replace function to activate Riva ecu" "error general reject"...............well the stupid thing is activated and it runs...I just dont have the fricken VTS and speedo. So I call Riva and go figure noone answers all day. UGH!!! Has anyone had these issues and can help me??

+1
    Yes Im having problems with riva ecu everything works fine just wont connect with buds.

I just purchased the Riva ECU. I sent my old ECU, New ECU, throttle body,two lanyard keys to Riva to have them activate it . They called today and left a message that everything was programed, but I didn't speak with them. Tried to call them back but couldn't get any one.Left a message. Should ship out tomorrow.

+1
    Get ready 2 send prop off 2 Erik

Chad...you try the old dess post deal with a old version?

on 04/05 the vts feature is stored in the mpem and not ecu. I'm not sure on the 06 model though. I lost my vts a few years ago with a rotax ecu and they couldn't get into it with buds so I plugged a stock ecu back in , they turned the vts on and turned off the depth sensor. I than put the rotax back in and everything worked fine. I also went through this with a riva ecu (lost vts and added depth) on a trip and put in a mpem from a backup ski and it fixed the problem.

Stupid me I sold the 06 ecu. But I do have a 05..I wonder if I can use that one?? Although I dont know if the ecu , dash and ,mpem will communicate. This really blows.

Thread Information