Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why is my GP1300R wanting to sink itself?

Let me start off w/ saying I am relatively new to the world of PWCs... I've had my GP1300R since Sept of last year and have come across a problem w/ it.

For some reason, it's wanting to go beneath the surface of the water. I can't think of or see anything wrong, but today when I had it out, I did notice something. The left side spicket wasn't shooting out any water like the right side was. When I got it, I was told to make sure the water is coming out of the back and comes out both of the spickets. That sometimes dirt dobbers clog them up. Could just one being clogged cause the symptoms I described? Can I just detach the other end of the hose from the engine and blow some air through it to see if it comes out the spicket?

Any ideas? sorry if some of the information is vague. Ask and I'll try to explain whatever I can, better.

Thanks.

I bet it has come loose inside the hull and is filling the hull up with water??? Ride it with the seat off and see.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DANSBIRD View Post
    Let me start off w/ saying I am relatively new to the world of PWCs... I've had my GP1300R since Sept of last year and have come across a problem w/ it.

For some reason, it's wanting to go beneath the surface of the water. I can't think of or see anything wrong, but today when I had it out, I did notice something. The left side spicket wasn't shooting out any water like the right side was. When I got it, I was told to make sure the water is coming out of the back and comes out both of the spickets. That sometimes dirt dobbers clog them up. Could just one being clogged cause the symptoms I described? Can I just detach the other end of the hose from the engine and blow some air through it to see if it comes out the spicket?

Any ideas? sorry if some of the information is vague. Ask and I'll try to explain whatever I can, better.

Thanks.
    Is there a lot of water in the hull.

there is very little water in the hull. No more than normal. Nothing looks damaged on the hull, either.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    there is very little water in the hull. No more than normal. Nothing looks damaged on the hull, either.
    Do you have the trim bow all the way down that will cause the noise to go under water.

The trip is all the way up. The nossel isn't pointed down at all.

+1

Does

Thanks.

To answer your question, yes you can disconnect the hose and blow it out, but I do not believe that the two things are related.

For your bow to submerge, your stern has to come up. The only time I have ever heard of this happening without the rider wanting it to happen is when people decellerate quickly and the intake fills so rapidly that the water cannot be pushed out of the thrust nozzle. Some people call it "overstuffing". Usually, this happens when people are using the original stock intake grate at a speed over 67-68.

Give us some of the conditions that this happes to you.

Quote Originally Posted by salty View Post
    To answer your question, yes you can disconnect the hose and blow it out, but I do not believe that the two things are related.

For your bow to submerge, your stern has to come up. The only time I have ever heard of this happening without the rider wanting it to happen is when people decellerate quickly and the intake fills so rapidly that the water cannot be pushed out of the thrust nozzle. Some people call it "overstuffing". Usually, this happens when people are using the original stock intake grate at a speed over 67-68.

Give us some of the conditions that this happes to you.

Thank you very much. What exactly does the water spicket on each side do, anyway? How does it work/why is it necessary?

+1
    Sometimes when you have a lot of water in the foot wells and cruising at low speeds the water can come over the front nose this is normal. to say cruising would be just barley moving not half throttle. try putting the trim adjustment in the N position or the nose up position on the left handle grip.

As far as the pissers or hull fittings they are part of the cooling system of the boat and should be spraying water wile the boat is moving. sometimes you may notice they may not spray water wright away but should when you start moving. if not try spraying air to get them unstopped.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information