going to buy a pair of GTS's

A dealer in NC said he can get me a GTS for $8400 out the door (includes tax, registration and all fees) w/o trailer and that was without negotiating. I was going to offer $16000 for 2 out the door. Is that a reasonable deal? I'd like to hear from those who might have bought a gts recently or those knowledgeable in this area. Thanks

Crickets chirping.............

+1
    hmm... im not sure about taxes in your area, but seems like a good deal....... 400$ for taxes and preparation is pretty sweet.

i say: go for it, ask him for how much he will sell you 2, out the door. if he says something like " for you, a special price 16000 for both, then negotiate to 15.500 and go for it. (but 16 is also a good deal)

+1
    That's not a bad deal, I've been looking into something like the GTS as a second ski for the better half. I'd like something that gets decent mileage and is reliable, still has a bit of speed, safe, and cost effective. I want something with a lot of power built in for mine, but would like the other ski to be more bulletproof in case mind lands itself in the shop for long periods of time. The GTS seems to fit that bill. The price you've been quoted seems reasonable, of course negotiating can't hurt though. Given the time of the year I think that's a good deal sir.

Thanks, That's what I wanted to know. Think I'll take the advise and see if I can get em for $16000 OTD.

+1
    BUT you can wait 3 weeks, the new skis will be announced, maybe youd like something from there, if bot your going to get extra rebates because the dealer will try to sell 2011 to make room for 2012 models!
    But its your choice, i prefer to not rush when buying anything!

Who knows maybe 2012 will bring a supercharged gti for almost the same price?

Very good point. It would appear that Seadoo is going to unveil it's 2012 line up on July 10th in the land of moose and beer. That might motivate the dealer to dump the 2011 in stock.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Very good point. It would appear that Seadoo is going to unveil it's 2012 line up on July 10th in the land of moose and beer. That might motivate the dealer to dump the 2011 in stock.
    Agreed.

Thread Information