+1

Re-pitch prop or new one?

Wondering if my prop has something to do with my speed and rpm's. I have a 07 RXP, I have added a Riva Thru hull exhaust, x-charger, XS intercooler, 42 injectors, riva ride plate and girdle, pump wedge, 4" rear air intake, and a 15/20 re-pitched to 14/19 prop. Now I bought the prop already re-pitched to 14/19 and it was suggested to me that it would be a good starting point. Last weekend I hit 73.6 at around 8150 RPMS. Not bad but I think I can do better. Would a 15/20 prop be better in my situation or maybe re-pitch the one I am using now? I am also putting on a RRFPR soon cause I was told that I needed it with the mods that I have. All suggestions are appreciated.

+1
    Rpm's are right where you want to be with a stock ecu.

+1
    what intake grate are you using ?

+1
    Wait! You are not running a RRFPR with the 42's, Fizzle, and X-charger? You are lean, lean, lean. One of the reasons your speed is down. Also, get an 81mm nozzle and pitch back up.

+1
    RPM's are correct as Troy said. Get your AFR's right and the speed should come. If you are too fat or too lean you can a will lose speed. Also, your engine temps can be high as a result from being too lean or too rich.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    what intake grate are you using ?
    Riva intake grate

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Wait! You are not running a RRFPR with the 42's, Fizzle, and X-charger? You are lean, lean, lean. One of the reasons your speed is down. Also, get an 81mm nozzle and pitch back up.
    No not yet. Did not relize this would impact my speed. Getting the materials together to make a DIY RRFPR. Just ordered one off of ebay. Would of bought one from somewhere else but not sure if I can find locally or not. 81mm nozzle huh? Never thought about a nozzle yet.

+1
    I got the regulator and I am setting up in a remote location. Most likely underneath where the stock air intake used to. When I was putting I back together and in the tank I noticed that when the spring got compressd it was not straight up and down. Since I am using a new adjustable regulator in a remote location do I need to have the spring in? I would think not but maybe I'm wrong. AlsO, the adjustable regulator that I bought has 4 holes where I can run the lines to and from. I'm guessing I am only needing 3 of them right? Do I just plug the other one that Im not using off? If so, which one? The way I am thinking is, the gauge goes on one side, the fuel line coming from the fuel tank goes to the back of the gauge using a t and the one on the back goes back to the fuel tank. I know it sounds confusing. I will take a picture when I get home. Right now I am on break at work. I would aappreciate it if some one could give me some guidance on how to run the line to and from the regulator. Thank and hope to have this figured out today

+1
    You should be banging on the limiter with a 14/19. If you get the RRFPR and get some more fuel to it you will find you need the 15/20. With my mods and a 15/20 i am spot on 8100.
    You are lean and that is killing your RPM's

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama View Post
    You should be banging on the limiter with a 14/19. If you get the RRFPR and get some more fuel to it you will find you need the 15/20. With my mods and a 15/20 i am spot on 8100.
    You are lean and that is killing your RPM's
    Good to know. Got the RRFPR almosst done. Doing the DIY one that has a thread on here. Im stuck on weather or not the spring the long spring goes back in the fuel tank when putting it back together and how to run the lines to the regulator. I'm not doing it on the take as I don't think I will be able to see it to adjust it. Going to mount it remotely somewhere I will be able to see it. Any suggestions on the fuel lines and spring? Im kind at a stand still till I figure it out.

Thread Information