+1

AFR ranges again

Guys,

I have a STG 3 RXP, et-68140, open loop cooling etc. The air here is about 95 now and water temps are around 88...I just got my ski back runnig last nite, my rrfpr is set at around 58-60 from last year and the heat from last year. Earlier on the year(last year), with cooler temps i had i had it set around 62-64 ..Yes rich but on stock fuel pump....My question is this, my o2 sensor will recalibrate and set up correctly. BUT wot runs are seeing 10's and based on last years data thats way off. I can turn the pressure down but it doesnt make the afr's go up??? WTF is going on?? The o2 sensor is bad, even tho you can run thru the steps to recalibrate and it recalibrates fine???Really?? Can someone give me info on a similar set up ski what my afr's (baseline)should be for low, mid, wot.....Thanks

+1
    you will most likely see high 11's low 12's AFR at idle. Mid range you should see 11.8-13.5 and wot i aim for 11.8-12.0.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WannabeGoing80 View Post
    Guys,

I have a STG 3 RXP, et-68140, open loop cooling etc. The air here is about 95 now and water temps are around 88...I just got my ski back runnig last nite, my rrfpr is set at around 58-60 from last year and the heat from last year. Earlier on the year(last year), with cooler temps i had i had it set around 62-64 ..Yes rich but on stock fuel pump....My question is this, my o2 sensor will recalibrate and set up correctly. BUT wot runs are seeing 10's and based on last years data thats way off. I can turn the pressure down but it doesnt make the afr's go up??? WTF is going on?? The o2 sensor is bad, even tho you can run thru the steps to recalibrate and it recalibrates fine???Really?? Can someone give me info on a similar set up ski what my afr's (baseline)should be for low, mid, wot.....Thanks
    What open loop kit? What injectors? What's your rpm's? Have you checked for boost leaks or charger slip?

+1

set up

riva 50 injectors, riva open look kit....custom valve to control flow. Riva plate, My boost etc are fine...14-14.5 at 8450
    almost forgot, just got sc back...slip set at 190 lbs

+1
    riva 50 injectors, riva open look kit....custom valve to control flow. Riva plate, My boost etc are fine...14-14.5 at 8450
    almost forgot, just got sc back...slip set at 190 lbs
    Sounds like some nasty weather conditions combined with trying to tune with the riva injectors. The reason it is not leaning out when you turn down the pressure is because of those injectors. In order to get thise injectors to lean out you will have to turn the pressure down alot. They tend to flow less with more pressure. Very hard to tune with those injectors. If you have to use them they tend to work best without rising rate.
    Also you say you are running the riva OL kit with a control valve. Are you not using the thermostat? If the engine is not up to temp it will run rich.
    I would make sure your engine is getting up to temp and try tuning without the rising rate hooked up. Turn the pressure down until you see the A/F lean out.

+1
    get your self a good set of bosch 48's and be done with it.

+1
    Any word on this? If you are running the riva thermo it may be stuck open. I've had this happen and the A/F went super rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    get your self a good set of bosch 48's and be done with it.
    +1 My 48's are working great!

+1
    Guys,

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...om-The-Experts

+1
    +1 on the 48's. The Riva injectors are a bit much. Easier to tune with the 48's.

Thread Information