New 09 FX SHO owner here

Just purchased a used 09 FX SHO on ebay. Going to pick it up this weekend. What do I need to know or do to this ski? It only has around 55 hours on the ski. I will be riding in lakes only. I read some on the "bucking". Will this be a problem for a stock ski?

Thanks

Our SHO's do not typically have a bucking problem (Mostly an FZ problem). As for what to do, if you are new to skis, make sure you get it serviced before you put it in the water (especially if this is a private sale). Make sure you have all of the safety gear your state requires and then ride safe.

Im looking for a good used SHO or HO, how are you liking the ski?

+1
    Im a little concerned abut this bucking problem been riding skis for over 12 years never been bucked off on (radically anyway)...Just purchased a FZS & SHO..Is it the ride plate or grate?...I was considering going with R&D ride plates & stock intake grates..Any thoughts?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 8upwitHDs View Post
    Our SHO's do not typically have a bucking problem (Mostly an FZ problem). As for what to do, if you are new to skis, make sure you get it serviced before you put it in the water (especially if this is a private sale). Make sure you have all of the safety gear your state requires and then ride safe.
    +1 In fact have it done like a 10 hour check (everything including plugs and tolerance checks) just in case it wasn't done. PM me with your email address if you would like the service manual. Your profile does not say where you live so it would be hard to recommend a reliable service person. You will not have any bucking problems with the '09. Your top end expectations should be set at between 66-68mph. If you are salt water riding investigate premium corrosion preventatives (I like Boeing T9), find some people to ride with that match your riding style and just have fun.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Forum Sweet....

Its the intake grate on the FZs......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    Welcome to the Forum Sweet....

Its the intake grate on the FZs......
    +1

You won't have any problems with the FX SHO bucking.

My 09 SHO had a fuel line upgrade under warranty. Just bring it and they run the VIN to see if it was done. Other than that awesome ski. I may sell mine, which has a complete Riva stage 1 with a jims ride plate, if you know anyone. I want a 2012
    I can't list it until I make 25 posts. So I will be making a lot of quick short posts.

+1
    I have 60 hours on my 09 FX SHO and havent had any problems with bucking at all. I did have one problem with this ski. 2 hours on the ticker and a clamp on the exhaust was a bit loose and was leaking a little into the engine comp. The ski shut down as it couldnt breathe and left me stranded. Got it back to the dealer and they figured it out and fixed it. All is good now. Such a great dependable and very predictable machine. I love it!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrunner View Post
    I have 60 hours on my 09 FX SHO and havent had any problems with bucking at all. I did have one problem with this ski. 2 hours on the ticker and a clamp on the exhaust was a bit loose and was leaking a little into the engine comp. The ski shut down as it couldnt breathe and left me stranded. Got it back to the dealer and they figured it out and fixed it. All is good now. Such a great dependable and very predictable machine. I love it!!
    +1. Same thing happened to mine at 6hrs. I also put the R&D intake grate on mine, gives me better hook up in rough water.

Thread Information