Self Bailing Hull 2005 XLT1200

Hey Folks,

I'm new to the forum so hello to all! Nice site. I've already learned a lot. I'm new to PWCs. I just bought my first one. A 2005 XLT1200. I love it. I've been around boats and boat/motor repair my whole life, but these PWCs are a bit of a new beast for me. Lots of differences, so I'm humbly learning. No mods just yet, but I have done a couple little repairs - plugs, new fuel on/off/reserve valve (Was binding), etc...

Anyway - to cut to the chase - Apparently my model has a self bailing hull. It says in the manual, if you flip it and it gets water in it to just ride it and the water will get out.

How does that work? I'm just curious...

Thanks!

There is a siphon running off of the pump. Its draws from suction, there is a little pickup in the bottom of the hull just behind the engine. Most of us have opted and installed a second electrical bilge as a back up. IF your ski springs a leak the siphon will not be able to keep up with the running engine or if the leak in the hull is too large.

Here is a link to the set up. #14 is the pick up, it runs through a check valve and to the pump where it gets its suction

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...ECK/parts.html

Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    There is a siphon running off of the pump. Its draws from suction, there is a little pickup in the bottom of the hull just behind the engine. Most of us have opted and installed a second electrical bilge as a back up. IF your ski springs a leak the siphon will not be able to keep up with the running engine or if the leak in the hull is too large.

Here is a link to the set up. #14 is the pick up, it runs through a check valve and to the pump where it gets its suction

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...ECK/parts.html
    Ah okay. That makes sense. Thanks a lot for the reply.

Thread Information