Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why Sea-Doo?

+1

Why Sea-Doo?

Hello,
    well im pretty sure this has been asked many times, and knowing this is the seadoo part of this site, i expect alot of feedback on this.
    so my questions are,
    -what influenced you into buying a seadoo?
    -why seadoo?
    -happy with the purchase?
    -have you tried out other companies, if so how was the experience.
    -will you buy sea doo again?

well, myself, i have bought a challenger 180SE back in 2008 at the end of the summer.
    being my first boat here i just did alitle research and bought it.
    I had alittle fight with the family, each wanting something diferent.
    It all went down to this: a pontoon, a crownline, the seadoo, or a Bryant boat.
    In the end we opted for the seadoo, why? well the lake is shallow at some points, the price, the engine and the ergonomics of it beat the competition hands down.
    Weve declined the pontoon for the reason it being too big, and we all couldnt agree what we wanted. me wanting something like 215 HP with 3 pontons, others wanting a 40hp pontoon.
    At first i was happy with the boat, and still am, i was just disapointed by some features of the boat.
    overall the experience was amazing, and i will buy another seadoo if ill ever need one.
    two years later, i bought- well urmm... got 2 jetskis as a gift (him not wanting them , and planning to get rid of them, i took them off his hands to fix up and use)
    1995 gts with a 657X and a 1997 GS with a 717 . im glad i made the purchase, seeing now eliable they were and how advanced (even for today to me)
    sure they were simple , sur not as fast as the newer ones. but a 10000% more reliable and easy parts . after a year with them, bought a used 2006 rxp (215 hp) which was also in not top condition ...

The only other experience i had was some old kawasaki, which being smaller, yet bigger engine then my gs, was slowwer than my gtx!
    and also had a small ride with an old standup ski, i believe it was a yamaha.

Ill buy seadoos because i love them, and how reliable i find them, plus theyre really the only ones i see maintained because of the vaste dealer community.

thanks for reading, hope to read your encounters too,
    sincerly,
    -shui

Seadoo because you wanna be fast while looking good hehe

+1
    Why not seadoo?

+1
    Well seadoo is ermm...."cheap" quality, if compared to a more luxery boat like a Bryant or a Chaparall, you can find many diferences.
    And seadoos have this specific type of handling, in the way of being extremly bad in wakes.
    The turbine can also get clogged up easily with seaweeds, so in reality, seadoo is only good as far as performance and ergonomics go in a boat....

Now skis, i cant say much, i havnt tryed out the new seadoos nor the other companies.

But overall nothing is perfect, we can all find pros and cons in a boat of the other.
    And yes. Going fast while looking good is sure an important aspect on the doos. ;D

+1
    I buy them because their more playful than other brands. both mine are also faster than most of my friends skis. My 96 xp800 gives my buddies 01 gp1200 a good run for the money. Both have been great machines. I think boat wise the older yamaha's had a better fit to finish, the new ones are pretty equal now.

I'm only new to this and have only had my RXTis255 for about 2 months now, and it's been back to the dealer twice, the first time was for the is button, instrument cluster replacement and new keys and the second time the throttle body needed to be replaced three weeks later I may have my ski back. Since then I have spoken to a couple of other sea doo owners and I’m starting to wonder if I made the right chose of manufacture. Does anyone else here have skis that spend more time in the shop than on the water? Don’t get me wrong I love my ski but I need it to be reliable.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shui View Post
    Well seadoo is ermm...."cheap" quality, if compared to a more luxery boat like a Bryant or a Chaparall, you can find many diferences.
    And seadoos have this specific type of handling, in the way of being extremly bad in wakes.
    The turbine can also get clogged up easily with seaweeds, so in reality, seadoo is only good as far as performance and ergonomics go in a boat....

Now skis, i cant say much, i havnt tryed out the new seadoos nor the other companies.

But overall nothing is perfect, we can all find pros and cons in a boat of the other.
    And yes. Going fast while looking good is sure an important aspect on the doos. ;D
    There is only 4, maybe 5 global manufacturers of PWC's that are any good whatsoever and none of them are Mercedes AMG quality or anything. I think we all just hope we enjoy it as much as we had hoped and it's relatively reliable. Afterwall we are not talking about boats, we are talking about PWC's...there is only so much you can do with a small hull, handle bars and a seat that's constantly subjected to water.

I 100% agree that no 1 ski is perfect for everything. Each has shortcoming's and most have big strengths. I think it's just important to find one that meets your riding style and riding location.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Dont you remember the old commercials? "Everybody's doin' it...Seadooooo!"

I love the closed loop cooling. I don't want salt water and sand and anything else floating in the water to cool my engine.

Because I couldn't find any used yamahas at the time and the best I could afford

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information