2002 RX DI Pump Rebuild Help (Pics)

Short story... I was out on the lake for about 10 minutes and hit a no wake zone. When coming out of the no wake, the ski would not really do anything over 5 MPH or so. I heard a whinning noise coming from the pump area, so I pulled the pump. The back bearing is shot. There was no oil at all in the cone, and it has heat damage. Will you guys take a look at the pictures and tell me if my impeller looks okay. More importantly, can the housing be reused. It looks like I sucked something up. 3 of the veins are broken as you can see from the picture. The wear ring doesn't feel too bad, but I might as replace it too I guess. I also included a pic of the carbon ring. I hope the pictures come through. Thanks in advance, ST

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXImpel.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	242470Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXHousing.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	242469Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXCone.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	242468Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXCarbon.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	242467

I decided to scrap the entire thing and start over with a new build. Was able to pick up a new stator with bearings. Also came across a used (good shape) shaft for next to nothing. I didn't know how much damage was done until I really got looking. It's going to be fun getting the impeller off of the old shaft, esp. since it sucked in the back flange. Not bad for a mornings work! After ordering a new cone assembly and I should be good to go!

Name:	RXBoth.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	242502

Quote Originally Posted by beamero View Post
    I decided to scrap the entire thing and start over with a new build. Was able to pick up a new stator with bearings. Also came across a used (good shape) shaft for next to nothing. I didn't know how much damage was done until I really got looking. It's going to be fun getting the impeller off of the old shaft, esp. since it sucked in the back flange. Not bad for a mornings work! After ordering a new cone assembly and I should be good to go!

Name:	RXBoth.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	242502

Make sure you pressure test the pump. It's an easy thing to do and that way you know that it's good to go when you head out to ride. You can make a tester fairly cheap.The only real pain in the ass I had was with the fill plug. If the threads are stripped or you cross thread the plug you will leak oil and let in water every time. I eventually threw out the POS little 1/8" plug and drilled/tapped for 1/4" pipe plug. Problem solved

Thread Information