Thread Lock question...

Sup fellas. Well, I finally got around to pulling my jet pump on my '04 15F, and I noticed almost every bolt was covered in GREEN thread lock. Turns out this is a wicking threadlock, and also requires high torque to keep turning... which is good right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread-locking_fluid

Well, this green threadlock is kinda rare in the stores, so I'm wondering what the rest of you have used?

-So far, I've used red threadlock on the bolts for the base of my RIVA sponsons, and no threadlock on the screws for the actual sponson fin.

-Intake Grate... Ride Plate... Jet pump bolts... did you guys actually use Green thread lock for re-assembly? or maybe Blue? or just reused the bolts as is?

Thanks for the tips!~

+1
    I use blue on cylinder head nuts, cylinder base nuts, exhaust nuts, and read cage nuts. On the long bolts that Kawasaki uses on most exhaust systems, I use grease. I've started putting grease on ride plate screws, too.

Even though I boat in fresh water, corrosion is still a problem. I've never had trouble with nuts & bolts coming loose, but they can sure get stuck and break off. I always clean the threads with a wire wheel.

Thread Information