Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

96 Polaris SL900 MFD and Trim Issues

Hello,

Does anyone know if there are there any options for the trim to bypass the mfd on a 96 SL 900? I can't seem to find a decent/reasonably priced mfd (part# 3280252).

Thanks,

John

Banned User
    +1
    Is your current MFD missing or not working? If it just has segments in the display that are dim or not working, it can be rather easily repaired. There is a 1/4 amp fuse in the electrical box that could be bad if you just get a blank display. Otherwise you could get a cable and indicator like used on the SL models that didn't come with a MFD.

Sorry...the current mfd just shows all 8's and the set button is missing. I'm not sure if the button also serves as a seal or not, but it's pretty worn in that area. When I hold the mode and set buttons together, it goes into calibration mode for second, then it displays EE ERR and then just shows the time. I checked the fuse and it is good.

Banned User
    +1

Thanks...I found and did that. When I try to reset it, (holding Mode and Set buttons) it goes into calibration mode. I immediately release the buttons and press the Set button again. I then immediately press the Mode button while still holding the Set button and it immediately displays EE ERR and goes to clock mode. I've tried disconnecting the battery and waiting several minutes (several times btw...lol) before reconnecting making sure the negative contact is not interrupted. I've tried plugging in the display after doing that as well and the result is always the same...EE ERR, then clock mode. And the clock works. But nothing else on the display does.

Thanks,
    John

Does it make sense to replace the MFD under these circumstances?

Thanks,

John

Banned User
    +1
    Wouldn't hurt to just go ahead and replace it. It seems like your current one has some electronic issues.

Thanks! I just needed to hear it from someome else! Lol! I appreciate your help!

John

Installed new (used) MFD and most of the problems are solved. It's awesome! Everything works now on the MFD, including the trim meter, but the trim motor does not. Verified power to the motor, no output. Any idea where I can find a good trim motor other than Ebay?

Thanks,

John

Banned User
    +1
    I have a couple extra trim motors laying around here. First thing you can do is remove the plastic cover on the trim motor assembly. You will most likely find the motor rusted up and frozen. A lot of times you can spray up the motor with some motor cleaner and bring it back to life.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information