Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

air intake for the 300

Anyone done it and actually noticed any gains? All i can see is riva makes one and r&d has one for the 260 but they claim to "not know" if it will work on the 300 when i called about it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    Anyone done it and actually noticed any gains? All i can see is riva makes one and r&d has one for the 260 but they claim to "not know" if it will work on the 300 when i called about it
    The Riva's are not out yet so won't get any results but as soon as I get mine I will post up my results. I know with the free mods are helping out so it definately needs more air. Soon we will know.

This is actually the topic of discussion on the mod/speed thread
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...300x-lx/page13

Banned User
    +1
    I did see you guys were shortening/removing the vent hose's i guess i was mistaken i thought rivas kit had come out already.... I have removed my hose's completely just havent had a chance to test it yet. Seems to have worked pretty good for you!

+1
    realisticly the only way to get more air into the engine is by opening up the hull, not increasing the intake size, my opinion the stock intake is quite capable and similar to aftermarket designs for the 250/260 i will be leaving it be.

+1
    Yes it is seeming to work well for all of us. Just as nicjak said the usual aftermarket intakes are not much different. They all still suck the heat soaked air from inside the hull. It needs fresh air. I am getting the Riva just to see but honestly any gain will be more than I am expecting looking at the previous models. I would rather know if it does or not rather than wonder if it would. Granted I will test it with the ski in stock form as far as air then again with the fixes

+1
    The stock intake is fine, just need to find out a way to draw cool fresh air into the ski.
    How about installing an inline blower?

+1
    just installed the flat filter and splash guard, pretty easy to make a splash guard from the top airbox mounts to stop water injestion used a sheet of plastic bent it at about 50deg running back under flat filter from top airbox to hull bolts. as said elsewhere you can add another vent hole on the opposite side to the fuel filler. also removed rear vent hoses this is all i will do as i normally ride in open ocean, (same set up as my 250)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18062011248.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	242593   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18062011247.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	242594  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    just installed the flat filter and splash guard, pretty easy to make a splash guard from the top airbox mounts to stop water injestion used a sheet of plastic bent it at about 50deg running back under flat filter from top airbox to hull bolts. as said elsewhere you can add another vent hole on the opposite side to the fuel filler. also removed rear vent hoses this is all i will do as i normally ride in open ocean, (same set up as my 250)
    Nice. Did you also install the bov/bypass filters? I'm hesitant to do so..some say it's okay to vent to the hull, and some say they should route to the air box. If there's no harm in it I'd like to get rid of those hoses.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by oldchico View Post
    Nice. Did you also install the bov/bypass filters? I'm hesitant to do so..some say it's okay to vent to the hull, and some say they should route to the air box. If there's no harm in it I'd like to get rid of those hoses.
    You just gonna blow air in the hull, nothing bad about it and no real gain.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    Get out the 3" hole saw. Think "Swiss cheese"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information