Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Adjustable cam gear question

I had the adjustable cam gears and water cooled supercharger housing put in today. I have some questions but first ill share some info. My compression before the cam gears was 145 135 145 145. After it was 150 145 150 150 so there was an increase there. Next for engine and air inlet temps. My last ride was in Pittsburgh on a cool day with cold water. My air inlet temps at wot were around 105-115 and engine temps ranged from 150-170. After install in warmer temps and warmer water my air inlet temps at wot ranged from 95-105 and engine temps ranged from 135-150.

Now for questions. I just got off the limiter before this install with an 81 mm nozzle. My data log shows a lot of spikes at wot so I'm thinking I'm hitting the limiter now. Top speed was down to 77.7 down from 82 before install. The water wasnt perfectly smooth and I was probably unhooking a bit which could have caused the spikes. Also my lambda was showing 12.2 always at wot before install and after install it was in the 14-16 range. Could something have been done wrong during install or will this be fixed once I have my map tuned? The acceleration didn't seem to pull much harder. Will this be fixed when the map is tuned? I'm all ears now. Let me know what you think cause I'm in new jersey till Sunday and if something is wrong id like to have it corrected before I leave. Thanks in advance. Hopefully my mind is put to ease.

+1
    You will definitely lose RPM from being that lean. Start by having that correcting that asap before something bad happens. That lean condition combined with being on the limiter can explain the pretty significant speed loss. I recently lost quite a bit of speed by going to an 81mm nozzle.

My opinion would be to get whatever pitch prop will keep you off the limiter and allow you to go back to at least an 83mm nozzle.

What setting did you install the cam gears at? This could also have something to do with it. Can you post the log file?

+1
    14-16 AFR's sound terrible to me.

I'm having trouble getting past that part.

+1
    I knew I was going to have to have the map tweaked after install. It's high but will be fixed ASAP. I'll be sending it to desperado to have him work his magic. Does anything else sound out of the ordinary?

+1
    i do have a couple of questions for you.......

1) are these r&d or riva camgears/sprockets?
    2) what is your vacuum at idle?
    3) in your signature you state you are running 58lbs fuel pressure @ static.

with a E1 Wheel i would start out @ 52lbs at rising rate.
    a high afr = above 12.5 with a high boost wheel you are at risk of melting your piston rings and/or burning holes in your pistons.
    been there done that.......
    a very expensive mistake........

+1
    Forget about my nozzle comments. Just now remembered you are running a Sea Doo pump. That is a completely different animal for which I don't know much about. Dan would be the man to ask on that one.

Get Desperado to fix the tune, then go from there.

But still want to know what setting you have the cam gears on.

+1
    Ya I won't run the ski tomorrow. I'll call Martin in the am and hope he can do it quick.

+1
    S3 intake and exhaust

+1
    Desperado was not able to tune my map yet but did give me some help. Got the afr back to 11.9-12.1 range at wot. Took the 81 mm ring off and put on an 83. Things seem all good in the ecu. It was very hot and humid in jersey today. Engine temps are 130-150 at wot and air inlet temps are 90-105 at wot. Boost was 222.5 kpa which is the highest I ever hit so I think I gained around a pound of boost. My only problem is that the ski is only going 80. I think I should be at least 85 with my setup but don't know what the problem is. Any suggestions? Could it be the seadoo pump or possibly my modded vx plate? I'll post my log tomorrow.

+1
    What RPM did you run today

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information