Angry 2004 GTX S/C check engine light a limp mode after 15 min , Just replaced headgasket!!

Well I just got the Headgasket replaced. The shop didn't think it looked blown once it was apart, I got the head leak tested and decked. I took it out and it ran great, the coolant bottle went down just a little so I refilled and it stayed steady. No coolant was blowing out of the overflow like before, I had a Gatorade bottle rigged. (I was loosing most of the coolant bottle after 20 min. before the hg got replaced.) After about 20 min of running, the check engine light came on and went into limp mode. I let it sit for 2 min, took the key out, restarted it and it would go for another 10 min or so, light came back on and limp mode started. I took the key out and the engine light was off once again. At this point I just parked it because it was getting dark out. The oil looked good and the coolant was still at the same level, nothing in the Gatorade bottle. If the engine was overheating does the display read differently or does it just say check engine? Is there a way to read the code on the display without plugging it into diagnostic? Let me know what you guys think...Sometimes I wish I would have just bought a late 90's 2 stroke!!

+1
    If it has the Mode, and Set, buttons on it, you would press Set nutton 5 times to display the code when it happens. If so write it down.

Well the code is P1202...I did the research I guess I should have before I started this thread, I panicked because I just got it back from the shop... Let me just clarify, I should start with replacing the oil pressure switch that is just above the battery with part number 420256885? When installing do you do anything to the threads? Correct me if I'm wrong. Is there a good place to order this from, I know my dealer had them in stock. Thanks again.

+1
    Mabye check the oil pressure first and then change out the oil pressure switch. Is your oil level ok?

Oil level is full, I don't have the ability to test the oil pressure at this time. I think I'm going to replace the sensor I described above, I'm at a 5,000 rpm limp mode and it does not read oil it is check engine. The part is cheap and is very easy to install. Should I put teflon tape on the threads before installing it? The code rests with the key removed so hopefully I won't have to take my ski back to the dealer...again.

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by realdeal44 View Post
    Oil level is full, I don't have the ability to test the oil pressure at this time. I think I'm going to replace the sensor I described above, I'm at a 5,000 rpm limp mode and it does not read oil it is check engine. The part is cheap and is very easy to install. Should I put teflon tape on the threads before installing it? The code rests with the key removed so hopefully I won't have to take my ski back to the dealer...again.
    The sensor comes with loctite on it so dont add anything, make sure its plugged in right way around as the plug can go on backwards the correct way has the wire clip facing the motor (making it hard to remove)

Thread Information