Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pensacola Fl
    Posts
    235
    +1
    1

    Holeshot performance

    What would I need to do get the same holeshot performance out of my ski, given my current mods, as a Kaw 300x? I dont want to change the prop and i have minor cav on takeoff.I will gladly give up some on top end. Im at 8000 rpms and 75-76 mph. Anti cav cone, pump seal kit, reduction nozzel?? Sell my Z and buy a 300? LOL


  2. #2
    coldspace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by spinaker View Post
    What would I need to do get the same holeshot performance out of my ski, given my current mods, as a Kaw 300x? I dont want to change the prop and i have minor cav on takeoff.I will gladly give up some on top end. Im at 8000 rpms and 75-76 mph. Anti cav cone, pump seal kit, reduction nozzel?? Sell my Z and buy a 300? LOL
    You ain't goig to get the 300X on holeshot with your 155 pump unless you go bigger boost wheel, and add the motec with a properly setup launch control program in the throttle table, then no contest it will be bye bye 300X in your mirrors as the ECU will control the max power delivery way faster than your finger can.

  3. #3
    I always leave a finger under throttle until I'm hooked up and then go wot. Should only be a sec,like you I have the R1 and didn't want to spend $3000.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,538
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by coldspace View Post
    You ain't goig to get the 300X on holeshot with your 155 pump unless you go bigger boost wheel, and add the motec with a properly setup launch control program in the throttle table, then no contest it will be bye bye 300X in your mirrors as the ECU will control the max power delivery way faster than your finger can.
    +1
    it is a good investment and as far as I know the only watercraft ecu that has an adjustable traction control feature. You sure can make a tunable difference on holeshot. But it's not for everyone.
    I'm honestly not sure if reflash nor vipec can do this??

  5. #5
    hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,328
    +1
    12
    I have an opinion on traction control. To me, it's nothing more than detuning the motor on holeshot which will always make you slower than you would be if you don't detune it and address your pump issues. Again, just my opinion.

    What prop are you running? And are you willing to sacrifice some top end speed to gain some low end?

  6. #6
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    I have an opinion on traction control. To me, it's nothing more than detuning the motor on holeshot which will always make you slower than you would be if you don't detune it and address your pump issues. Again, just my opinion.

    What prop are you running? And are you willing to sacrifice some top end speed to gain some low end?
    Pretty sure hes still on stock prop. Time to open the leading edge!

  7. #7
    hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,328
    +1
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Pretty sure hes still on stock prop. Time to open the leading edge!
    Or Skat, or long blade, or twin prop. All depends on how much top end he's willing to sacrifice.

    And Reggie says you need to buy a seat cover before the next time he sees you. lol

  8. #8
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    Or Skat, or long blade, or twin prop. All depends on how much top end he's willing to sacrifice.

    And Reggie says you need to buy a seat cover before the next time he sees you. lol
    DUDE! Why you gotta be hating on my seat cover?????????? Its pimp!

  9. #9
    Ricky Bobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    378
    +1
    11
    try a GP 1300 Exit nozzle...you will loose a mph or 2 but hole shot will be improved. cool looking stickers and a new wetsuit are good for 3mph too!!!

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pensacola Fl
    Posts
    235
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    I have an opinion on traction control. To me, it's nothing more than detuning the motor on holeshot which will always make you slower than you would be if you don't detune it and address your pump issues. Again, just my opinion.

    What prop are you running? And are you willing to sacrifice some top end speed to gain some low end?
    Im running the stock prop. I hate to get back prop changing, that's such a pain. I would give up top end for instant throtte response with any cavitation. From what im hearing, it needs to be a pretty major improvement if I want a holeshot like the 300.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Holeshot Performance
    By jkindt in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 05:29 PM
  2. GreenHulk, jet draft performance?
    By lawracing in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 08:22 AM
  3. Performance gain thoughts...
    By Jarrett in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-07-2005, 07:01 PM
  4. Oasis Performance RXP
    By INDY27 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-16-2005, 10:27 PM
  5. RXP Performance Portal
    By MikeTrin in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2005, 06:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •