Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Holeshot performance

What would I need to do get the same holeshot performance out of my ski, given my current mods, as a Kaw 300x? I dont want to change the prop and i have minor cav on takeoff.I will gladly give up some on top end. Im at 8000 rpms and 75-76 mph. Anti cav cone, pump seal kit, reduction nozzel?? Sell my Z and buy a 300? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by spinaker View Post
    What would I need to do get the same holeshot performance out of my ski, given my current mods, as a Kaw 300x? I dont want to change the prop and i have minor cav on takeoff.I will gladly give up some on top end. Im at 8000 rpms and 75-76 mph. Anti cav cone, pump seal kit, reduction nozzel?? Sell my Z and buy a 300? LOL
    You ain't goig to get the 300X on holeshot with your 155 pump unless you go bigger boost wheel, and add the motec with a properly setup launch control program in the throttle table, then no contest it will be bye bye 300X in your mirrors as the ECU will control the max power delivery way faster than your finger can.

I always leave a finger under throttle until I'm hooked up and then go wot. Should only be a sec,like you I have the R1 and didn't want to spend $3000.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by coldspace View Post
    You ain't goig to get the 300X on holeshot with your 155 pump unless you go bigger boost wheel, and add the motec with a properly setup launch control program in the throttle table, then no contest it will be bye bye 300X in your mirrors as the ECU will control the max power delivery way faster than your finger can.
    +1
    it is a good investment and as far as I know the only watercraft ecu that has an adjustable traction control feature. You sure can make a tunable difference on holeshot. But it's not for everyone.
    I'm honestly not sure if reflash nor vipec can do this??

+1
    I have an opinion on traction control. To me, it's nothing more than detuning the motor on holeshot which will always make you slower than you would be if you don't detune it and address your pump issues. Again, just my opinion.

What prop are you running? And are you willing to sacrifice some top end speed to gain some low end?

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    I have an opinion on traction control. To me, it's nothing more than detuning the motor on holeshot which will always make you slower than you would be if you don't detune it and address your pump issues. Again, just my opinion.

What prop are you running? And are you willing to sacrifice some top end speed to gain some low end?
    Pretty sure hes still on stock prop. Time to open the leading edge!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Pretty sure hes still on stock prop. Time to open the leading edge!
    Or Skat, or long blade, or twin prop. All depends on how much top end he's willing to sacrifice.

And Reggie says you need to buy a seat cover before the next time he sees you. lol

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Or Skat, or long blade, or twin prop. All depends on how much top end he's willing to sacrifice.

And Reggie says you need to buy a seat cover before the next time he sees you. lol
    DUDE! Why you gotta be hating on my seat cover?????????? Its pimp!

+1
    try a GP 1300 Exit nozzle...you will loose a mph or 2 but hole shot will be improved. cool looking stickers and a new wetsuit are good for 3mph too!!!

+1

Im running the stock prop. I hate to get back prop changing, that's such a pain. I would give up top end for instant throtte response with any cavitation. From what im hearing, it needs to be a pretty major improvement if I want a holeshot like the 300.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information