For all 300x Owners, a few ?

As I contemplate trading in my beloved, but broken 260x on a new 300x, I have a few questions for anyone who has gone from an Ultra 260x to a 300x;

Is there really that much difference between the two?
    Do plugs come with the ski for the flush ports, or do they just stay open?
    Any issues/problems so far?

A few minor things I noticed;

My 260x has a really nice ski type tow hook in the back, what the hell happened to it on the 300X?
    The reverse lever on my 260 is nice and tight. The one on the 300x feels really sloppy and cheap…
    Intake manifold is now plastic????
    That damn green seat. Does anyone know if the one off a 260x will fit the 300x?

+1
    Asking if there was a difference I take it you have not ridden one yet.
    Ports stay open they are the discharge while running.
    33 hours and nothing to talk about.
    Have the dealer switch out your tow hook for you. I am sure they will since your 260 is broken. It will fit right in.
    I actually like the reverse much more. When I get bored I will actually see if it will work on my 07
    I did not swap my seats and can't at the moment since I am not home but there are several members that can give you a definate answer with their toy box having multiple years in them. It sure looks like they do to me though.
    I personally have spoken to several people that have made the UPGRADE. They were very happy they did. One even took a hit on his 260 being less than a year old and no regret.

Thanks for the insight. I hope to demo one sometime in July

+1
    they are like chalk and cheese its hard to imagine a ski that looks the same but is so different in everyway possible the 250/260 feels like a real dinosaur compared to the 300.
    the flush ports are actually the discharge as stated above
    already swapped the hooks over on mine one of the first things i noticed.
    the reverse lever is actually stronger and much easier to operate than the 250/260
    most intake manifolds nowadays are plastic (on any petrol engine)
    and yes seats are interchangable.

Hi John
    Yes I traded a 260x and have no regrets at all,the hit was not even that bad.and the 300X is quite a difference.The seats are interchangeable,although I think you will find that the 300X seat is fit tighter and a bit slimmer.I like it,I put the seat from my 07 ultra LX on it and it fits perfectly.Yup,I was a bit dissapointed at the tow hook change as well and have changed mine over to the cast style,so much better,fron hook will be changed out soon as well.
    Also I notice that my 07 ultras hood hinge set is way more precise and tighter than the new hinge.but I'll change that too.All in all.I love this Ski. and its green too so you know its fast!! hahaha! good luck man.your gonna love it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonw View Post
    Thanks for the insight. I hope to demo one sometime in July

Almost forgot,,the 300 feels way lighter and agile than the 260too.on first ride it took me a bit by suprise,but in a good way.makes it feel like a much smaller craft,my LX now feels like a dump truck compared to the 300.

Quote Originally Posted by ultralx07 View Post
    Hi John
    Yes I traded a 260x and have no regrets at all,the hit was not even that bad.and the 300X is quite a difference.The seats are interchangeable,although I think you will find that the 300X seat is fit tighter and a bit slimmer.I like it,I put the seat from my 07 ultra LX on it and it fits perfectly.Yup,I was a bit dissapointed at the tow hook change as well and have changed mine over to the cast style,so much better,fron hook will be changed out soon as well.
    Also I notice that my 07 ultras hood hinge set is way more precise and tighter than the new hinge.but I'll change that too.All in all.I love this Ski. and its green too so you know its fast!! hahaha! good luck man.your gonna love it.

Thread Information