Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Life Is Good! And I have The Pictures To Prove It

Friday evening started out with a cool rainbow in my backyard right after a brief shower. I managed to get a picture of that and one of two Osprey in a tree with the rainbow behind them. I call it my "Rainbow Warrior" shot.Ha!
    Saturday morning I towed my ski to Virginia Beach where I met up with Dave Waters, a U.S. Navy Serviceman who is stationed in Norfolk Va. He recently took up jet ski fishing and wanted to go along on a trip to the Chesapeake Light Tower. He had only seen the CLT from a distance on the deck of a ship.
    The visibility was good at about 25 feet and there were plenty of Spade fish.
    I managed to "Blindside" a Triggerfish, shooting him directly through the eyes, this was a first for me. We were the second ones at the light tower arriving about 0615. By the time we left at 0830 there were at least a dozen boats there. I did see a couple of boats catching the spades on rod and reel. Dave and I came back with four Triggers and eight Spade.
    I covered about 35 miles and burned 7 gallons.
    On the way in I took some pictures along Rudee Inlet, there is always a lot of activity there. I came back to Poquoson Va. and picked up my wife, we went cruising along the shore for a couple of hours. Life Is Good!

+1
    Great stuff, Bri. Keep 'em coming.

+1
    Thanks Billy.

hey brian my name is jay and i live right up the road from you in prince george va. ive been thinking about rigging up my 1300 for fishing mabye i can come down and you can give me some tips one day or mabye i can see your setup.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by twoslo4five0 View Post
    hey brian my name is jay and i live right up the road from you in prince george va. ive been thinking about rigging up my 1300 for fishing mabye i can come down and you can give me some tips one day or mabye i can see your setup.
    Hey Jay, let me know and I will give it a show.

Hey Brian, just curious about the largest fish you've caught so far and wondering about your storage setup. Any pictures?

+1
    Good question hybrid! Brian also what is the roughest seas you've encountered and how did pwc handle?

+1
    I have not caught anything really big from my ski yet, a 57 pound cobia is the largest. I placed it by my feet and covered it with ice from my cooler and went back in. When I am offshore I bring a 6 foot fish bag in case I get a bigee.
    A couple of years ago a buddy and I got caught in a summer thunder storm. 35-40mph winds and 8-10 foot seas. It was not a fun trip back from 30 miles offshore but I never felt the end was near.

Cool pics. Is that an oil rig in one of those pics?

also brian you came up in discussion in my boaters saftey course the other night. how are you riding before day break of past sunset? ive been told its illegal or is that just a technicallity?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information