Waterproof PWC Covers

Does anyone know someone in the midwest that makes or sells waterproof PWC covers. In summer months my ski is on a easy port lift and the factory cover does not keep water out. I had to trade in my 2008 VX deluxe for a 2010 because of paint blistering that started after 10 hours of use and had it fixed under warranty and following season it started again. Yamaha rep told me that the only ones they were seing this problem on was neglected skis with 4 to 5 inch scum lines in footwells. Well, my ski is garaged in winter, and under factory cover, on lift, in the summer. After every ride I completely wipe down inside and out and wax my ski monthly during summer months. I was insulted by the rep saying I was neglecting my ski. I would like to get a cover that keeps all water out as factory covers still allow water to get in. any information would be greatly appreciated

+1
    I think my Slippery is pretty waterproof...

From doing some research myself it seems Jet Tribe is the only manufacturer that makes a truly waterproof and high quality cover. I dont have one myself but if I ever buy another cover I will buy one of theirs based on all of the reviews. Right now I just use the factory cover which seems only good to keep the dust off and then I use a high quality silver tarp (still only $1 to cover everything. Works great for storage but obviously not for use while towing.

+1
    I would try spraying some like hiking boot or tent waterproofing spray. Think its silicone or something.

Thanks for the advise, I think i will order a Jetribe. I just looked at those covers on the website and the reviews sound great.

Yamaha Foot well blistering

I have had the same problem with my Yamaha PWC. I have to bail the foot wells to ride the machine (yes the cover is on and machine waxed) and with outside winter storage the foot wells have blistered and I had to pay $600 to get them repaired. I had the OEM cover and had a tarp completely roped on the machine and still the foot wells filled.

I am storing inside for the season but would love to hear if the Jetribe cover works, I have run out of options. or ideas.
    THX

I'm glad to hear that Yamaha at least fixed it for you. I bought a new 2012 FXHO 6 months ago and just discovered large blisters in both footwells, the Yamaha rep told me that cosmetic repairs are not covered but they may do something for "good will", I was told to bring it back to the dealer to look at. I am on the way now. I have a 2010 FXSHO I bought new and have never had a problem, maybe the paint is different.

+1
    For sure ... take the 2012 to the Dealer and let them know how you really feel! It took several years for my Kawi to ever show signs of blister in the footwells. Good Luck

Banned User
    +1
    jet tribe is one bad ass cover, not 100 percent waterproof though

Thread Information