Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

how do I tie down my jet ski?

I just bought a 650SX. There are eyelets on the bow and stern. Just holes. No real eye. Can't attach a hook. Can't get a ratchet strap on there.

I have seen people at hte ramp with little straps with a metal stop on the end that slide through the holes so they can put a ratchet strap on there to tie them down. I can't find them anywhere though.

I've been googling all over the damn place and I can't find anything that looks like it will work.

How do I tie this thing down?

On my ski I just hook a ratchet to the frame of the trailer run it over the stern of the ski, not the seat, and attach it to the other side of the trailer frame. Holds it down just fine, but I have it hooked to the trailer at the front to hold it from sliding off backward. So it takes care of the forward-back and also up and down.

May not be the correct way to do it, but it works for me.

+1
    You need to find a winch strap that has a nylon loop near the hook at the end. The nylon loop goes through the bow eye and back into the hook. http://www.wholesalemarine.com/p/BBB...campaign=right

+1
    I had a similar problem with my GPR. I think I got the straps at a motorcycle shop.

Attachment 243032
    Attachment 243034

+1
    Can you run the nylon strap through the hole to make a loop, then set the hook in the loop?

Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    You need to find a winch strap that has a nylon loop near the hook at the end. The nylon loop goes through the bow eye and back into the hook. http://www.wholesalemarine.com/p/BBB...campaign=right
    I have those straps - on the trailer for my sit-down, I always wondered what it was for! I figured it out as soon as I got the stand-up, though.

I'm really looking more for something for the rear, either a similar arrangement or something that's made to hook through the eyelet and catch the hook on a ratchet strap. A short closed loop of strap material would do it, or a loop of strap material with a hook or a bar at the end that wouldn't fit through the hole, so I could just insert it from the top and attach a ratchet strap to the bottom.

On my GPR I always just hooked to the grab handle on the rear. I never really liked it but it worked. I'd like to find something that works well for the rear of my GPR also.

Quote Originally Posted by gmoeller View Post
    I had a similar problem with my GPR. I think I got the straps at a motorcycle shop.

Attachment 243032
    Attachment 243034
    Your attachments aren't working for some reason. I'd like to see what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Can you run the nylon strap through the hole to make a loop, then set the hook in the loop?
    I'm not sure entirely what you mean.

For now I have taken the ratchet strap(s) apart, run the strap through the hole, and then put them back together. This works but it's kind of time consuming. The hook at the end can be arranged to lay flat and will hold the jet ski down fine, or it can be hooked back around to the strap. If I could do something along these lines without having to undo the strap from the ratchet part, that would be idea.

+1
    Pull some excess strap from the ratchet, fold it over on itself to make a loop. Push this loop through the hole. Go around the eye with the S-hook and stick it through the loop, then pull it tight and cinch it down with the ratchet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information