Jared of Oklahoma
    Oklahoma City

I need some advice cuz I'm a newb when it comes to conversions

I have been dealing in two strokes for quite some time now so I'm unfamiliar with the newer four strokes. Yesterday a guy brought a ski to me that kinda surprised me. He rolled up to my shop with what appeared to be a old 1999 Tigershark 770 three seater. Then he lifted the seat up to show me it had a 2002 Seadoo 4tec motor and all the guts out of the original Seadoo. It might have been cool if he had done a good job on the conversion, but he hadn't. It looked like a couple of hill billies with baling wire had done the conversion in a few hours. We took it to the lake and it did run very well, however the conversion left allot to be desired. For instance he could not make the reverse bucket fit the hull so he just left it off. What i would like to know from you guys is- should I try to find a hull like the Yamaha GP style hull for this motor and the hop up the motor with SC and I suppose be the definition of a conversion ski or should I forget that and find a hull that this motor should go in? I just hate to see this motor and other parts go to waste. There is zero room for any repairs or future work in the Tigershark hull. I can't even get my hands around the motor. He had to separate the hull top from bottom to even do the conversion.. I'm kinda of leaning towards a Yamaha hull right now, but I wonder if I'm getting in over my head with more unknowns than I can even imagine.
    Last edited by jarcynvicnchris93; 06-19-2011 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Spelling

Yep find a GPR hull and you will have a nice ride.. All the conversion parts are available for plug and play..

Hey Beerdart. I've done some reading seen dat u have alot of knowledge on conversions. Can u help me with my first conversion. I have a gpr1300 hull wit everything (steering n other stuff), seadoo motor 185hp, all harnesses. could u tell me all the other things i need please.

Thread Information