Another "Pisser" Question

Hey All,

I had my ski's out on the lake yesterday and noticed the neither one (1100 STX & 750 STX) had water coming out of the pisser. When they're hooked up to a hose, I get some water out, but not a whole bunch. Yesterday, I got none. Neither ski had any warning lights show up and both ran good for the day. I had previously pulled the lines off of both of them and blown through them to make sure they were clear, they were.

So, is this "normal"? on the 750 at full throttle I got a dribble out of the pisser, but nothing on the 1100. From everything I read, they should be spraying pretty good at WOT.

Should I be worried?

+1
    Maybe salt water build up if you ride in salt water. I have a older seadoo and that suck up a plastic bag and the light came on too. It scared me so I cruses over to the beach and turn the ski on its side. I firer the ski up and a small plastic bag shot out of the back of the ski. Not sure where it came out of. That could of been a bad day for me. I hope you can fine out whats up with your ski. On the hose mine dribble too. But on the water it sprays great. Good luck

I would be worried Should be dribbling at idle and spraying at higher rpms. I would check all the cooling hoses for blockages

OK, so I pulled the pisser line on the 1100. Line from engine to temp valve was clear. Temp valve itself was clear. The line from the temp valve to the pisser actually had water in it, which came out when I blew it out. The only thing I'm wondering now is if there isn't enough pressure to blow the water out from the exhaust. Should I take the exhaust off and see what's going on underneath?

I still think I'm going to replace the lines (just in case) and am going to blow and flush out the temp valve and pisser itself. Do I have to be careful of what sort of line I need to use or can I use just about anything?

+1
    if your hose pressure isnt all that strong you wont get much water if any out of the pisser, when the ski is in the water it has alot more water pressure pushing through the system if the pisser is fine on the water you have nothing to worry about.

LOL, but it's not fine on the water. I got very little (if any) flow out of it on the lake.

AND........how easy should it be to blow back into the exhaust?

All the other lines are clear and can be easily blown through, but it seems to be harder to blow back into the engine. Is this normal?

OK, pulled all the cooling lines and got my air compressor.

Blew through the engine, all clear and water out the back of the ski. Blew through the flush valve (back of exhaust pipe), got clear air back through the engine and water out the back of the ski again. Everything seemed good until I blew through the little barb at the front of the exhaust pipe, where the line connects to the temp sensor and on to the pisser. Not easy to get air through there, and when I blew through the flush valve I got very little air through that barb. I guess that's why I'm not getting too much water through the pisser.

So, do I pull the top of the exhaust and see what the hell is going on? All the other lines seem clear and maybe I'm not bypassing a whole bunch.

Suggestions?

Any new updates? I've been following and am curious...
    Thanks~

Well, I pulled the exhaust bend and found a bunch of small pebbles in the water jacket, and they were backed up in the jacket behind that barb that goes to the pisser. I pulled the exhaust bend and used a pick to dislodge them. I ended up blowing the jackets out directly and chiseling some of the deposits out of the journals and jackets. What i found interesting is that the water journals are good size passages but are mostly blocked off by the gasket, which just has a small hole in it to run water through the journal passages.

As far as the 750, I pulled ALL cooling lines, blew them out and got clear air through all of them. I didn't bother pulling the exhaust bend as it seems the lines and valves were clear. I haven't had them back in the water yet, we'll see how it goes.

Thread Information