Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Fast Flow Fuel Lines Can't Take The HEAT when Jetworks ball stuck. Delrin ball option

This is the second time my PTO water feed hose to the stinger has burned a hole in it right at the fitting. The first time I blew the connecting hose and I though it was operator error as I had a plugged intake.

This time, I had three tanks of gas on it, and puff another hole. I know the intake was clean as I checked it several times and the pissers were, well pissing.

Do you think it's the hose that cannot take the heat when I am going really slow and the jet works valve doesn't open up all the way?

It also seems to be the last one to start "pissing" if you will of the three. Usually it's the mag, ctr, then pto when it gets going.

I pulled it apart and there are no restrictions in the cross from the jet works valve or from the cross to the stinger. Ideas?
    Last edited by K447; 06-22-2011 at 09:02 PM.

why would it be that hot?

Check the ball in your jetworks valve, I launched my pro for the summer yesterday and just riding to my house from the ramp and the collector was steaming hot and my pto stinger hose( also fast flow ) was melted. This morning I pulled the valve to have a look and when I separated it I noticed the ball was all the way down in the stem, kinda like it shrunk this winter and fell down in the stem towards the water manifold. Once I pushed the ball back out and put it back together the right way it works well again.
    My pissers are also weak at low speeds and work the same as yours.

Ps beerdart, if your reading this, I think I need a delryn ball for my valve, got any left?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thester71 View Post
    Check the ball in your jetworks valve, I launched my pro for the summer yesterday and just riding to my house from the ramp and the collector was steaming hot and my pto stinger hose( also fast flow ) was melted. This morning I pulled the valve to have a look and when I separated it I noticed the ball was all the way down in the stem, kinda like it shrunk this winter and fell down in the stem towards the water manifold. Once I pushed the ball back out and put it back together the right way it works well again.

Ps beerdart, if your reading this, I think I need a delryn ball for my valve, got any left?
    Humm, how does that valve come apart? I removed the snap ring and pulled, but didn't seem to want to budge. Maybe a little more pull?

+1

you can change the springs in them so they open with less pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Derwood98 View Post
    Humm, how does that valve come apart? I removed the snap ring and pulled, but didn't seem to want to budge. Maybe a little more pull?
    I have the red(standard) valve and it just unscrews, there is a spring, a ball, and a rubber washer inside.

+1
    I have the red(standard) valve and it just unscrews, there is a spring, a ball, and a rubber washer inside.
    I just dug up my instructions. I have the blue one. Looks like it's field adjustable without changing shims.

Quote Originally Posted by Derwood98 View Post
    I just dug up my instructions. I have the blue one. Looks like it's field adjustable without changing shims.
    Yeah, sounds like you have the pro version, I'm not sure how they come apart, but look on the inlet side and and see if the ball is stuck

I have a couple blue ones and they just unscrew as well...

+1
    So let me get this straight then. the pissers should be weak looking normally at idle or just above? Mine are like that too. There not blasting like before in my videos. I have the restrictors in and I'm using a delrin ball too.

So I guess I'm ok then.. I never knew the ball shrinks like that.. sorry to hear Darrin.. I'm sure Beerdart has some.

Boy these skis can be finicky. But when they run, they run gooooooooood.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information