+1

RPM'S Sound Right?

Hey guys for the past two weeks I have taken my ski out with the mods in my signature and havn't seen anything past 7750 and this past weekend it would go above 7650. The tempature was 92 degrees with the water temp I believe at 83 degrees. What could be causing this? The oil level is good and can't think of what it could be. It would rev all day to 8050 all day long before my mods and I thought it would have stayed in that area without much drop. Could it be the tempature or the prop or should I look elsewhere?

+1
    You need to monitor your afr's and you may need to pitch your prop. I think without a external IC you probably are rich. Some of the RXP guys will prop chime in on that.

+1
    You need to pitch your prop. You are also a little rich I think. Your prop needs some pitch taken out. I would start with 2mm or so and try that. If you are going to go with the External IC, don't bother. You should be right on when you get the IC. You should also need to get an adjustable nozzle and install an 81mm ring. The IC will give you 200-250 rpms and the ring will add some as well. You can take your OEM 83mm nozzle and have it machined to make it take adjustable nozzles. Costs around 60 bucks. Better than 350+. I bought the Riva and also did a DIY. No difference. Just a thought for you. ...

+1
    I do have a external intercooler on the way should be here this week. I know that would bring me up almost to where I need to be but am hesitant without a RRFPR of installing it. So the conclusion would be the prop right? Once I add the intercooler I should be good correct?

Thread Information