Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Power Issue 95 slx 780

so i am new to this forum i just joined when I picked up a 95 Polaris slx 780. when i bought the ski it ran good at high end but bad idle. i pulled the carbs cleaned them out and did not pull then apart from each other I also replaced the spark plugs and emptied the water catch canister for the fuel under the dry storage then cleaned out the engine bay with water and now when i put it in the lake it starts up fine and idles but when i give it full throttle it only goes about 10mph it was to slow to even get on plane i think the engine was spinning about 2500-3000 rpm or less. does anyone have any ideas it to what is going on. thank you

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Did you actually take the carbs apart and clean them internally? Use genuine Mikuni rebuild kits?

Is it running on all three cylinders? Do they get equally warm when you run it for 10-20 seconds o the trailer?

internal fuel filters are clogged i bet mine did the same thing

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    What are the carb screws adjusted to?

Yes I actually cleaned the carbs. And i am going to check the fuel filter tonight when I get home. Its just weird to me that it started to happen after I was working on the carbs and plugs. Only other thing I was thinking is that maybe something got wet or water in it because when cleaning the front the back did fill up with a good amount of water I would say about 3 to 4 inches. I mean it was not really bad but the fuel pump was in the water so that kind of worried me. Like I said I am new to jet skis I know engines somewhat well but I new to this Polaris

so after messing with it today i discovered the engine has good compression in all 3 and i am getting good spark in all 3 but middle cylinder is not firing i also pulled the plugs back out and looks like no ignition has happen since i replaced them and after the short ride. here is a pic of M and C so you can see the difference. i also was able to confirm fuel is getting the the carbs from the fuel pump. does anyone know of a good way to test to see if the cylinder is getting fuel or what the issue might be. i checked the screens when i rebuilt the carbs so the filters are clean

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    What are the carb screws adjusted to?
    Also, did you check the needles to see if they move freely when you open the carb? Did you check your pop off pressure? If you haven't done so, I'm guessing the needle in your mid carb is stuck.

I am going to pull the carbs off again tomorrow and open up the middle carb up. I will let you know how it goes. Any other things to look at while its apart. Also the pop off pressure was good when I checked it. Thank you for all the replies

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Did you cut the plug wires back yet?

Have not cut them. i'm getting good spark. The issue here seems to be lack fuel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information