2006 STX 12-F runs at 5200 RPM 38 to 40 mph with no power

I have two 2006 STX-12f skis. One ski started running bad 5200 rpm max at aprox 38 to 40 miles per hour. Sometimes it doesn't even have enough power to plane out. I took the ski to the Kawsaki dealer three times, (they were no help). then last week my other ski started running the exact same. I checked the fuel pressure on both skis it is within speck at 47 psi, the compression on both skis are all within 185 to 190. I ordered the service manual online and followed the directions to retrieve the service codes and I cannot get either Ski to switch to dealer mode. Anybody have any ideas.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Check the ski for leaks around the exhaust, sometimes the rubber couplers develop leaks and this suffocates the engine. Also check for debris in the jetpump as well as damaged bearings. Have the spark plugs ever been chamged? When was the oil changed last and how is the level? If it is high it also robs the motor of power. If the skis have sat change the fuel out, if it is bad it will run like crap.

Sean

I Have pumped all of the gas out of one Ski, installed new fuel filter and spark plugs. The dealer told me the first ski was tested with the seat off and they couldn't find anything wrong, that would go along with the suffocation theory. I cant hear any leak by just running the skis on the trailer. I will water test the skis with the seats off and see if there is a difference. Can anybody shed some light on why both skis wont go into dealer mode.

Thank you very much the ski ran great with the seat off. I removed the blue hose between manifold andthe muffler and found a hole in the hose.

+1
    Great! now replace it and when you do clean the water lines, that is usually because the exhaust was not cooled enough.

Sean

+1
    Clean those water lines and stay away from mud or debris which *may* have clogged up your cooling lines, letting the exhaust gases burna hole in your rubber connector.
    Good call by smokeysevin

We'll watch for an update!

I received the parts today and installed new rings and hoses. The skis run great. thank you very much!

+1
    good, keep it out of the weeds and flush after you ride.

Sean

Thread Information